first day on allotment

• 7 Replies

countrygardener

first day on allotment
« on: June 14, 2010, 22:58 »
Hi everyone,i was able to go to the allotmentat about 4.30 this evening after work and took my 2 boys 13 and 8. its the first day on the allotment after my friend suggested i share with him as he is not well.I was there just over 2.5 hours and it went so quick.The allotment has been neglected for a while so i spent all the time piling up heaps of rubbish and timbers i can use.At the moment the paths have old carpet down and i'm going to replace this with a neat gravel path over membrane.
After we got back i turned on the tv and the 'good life' was on.It must have been an early episode as they had just decided to give up work and become self sufficient....Must be an omen.
I hope to pick all your brains in the future and i can't wait to go back tommorow.
Happy gardening.

needssomehelp

• Experienced Member
Re: first day on allotment
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 07:10 »
i took on my plot about 4 weeks ago, i love it!!
your right time flys by when your down there, when the sun is out theres no place id rather be, good luck and enjoy x x x
LISA X X X

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 21:50 »
You will enjoy it  so much Countrygardener :D I have had an allotment for two years now and I love being there. This forum is such a good place to be and there is always someone to answer any questions you might have:)
I would love to see your allotment maybe you could post some photos of your progress :)

JAzz :)
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 21:56 »
yep well done you its my first year and this forum is just so good

glad your enjoying it
when you get time post some photos

Elcie

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 22:01 »
It is a wonderful place to be and the time just flies by doesn't it!

theakston_uk

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 22:30 »
Like you say time does fly when you are at the allotment. My allotment is a piece of land which looked like a meadow when I 1st got it. There was and still is a lot to do to it and at 1 point I was getting frustrated because it seemed to take ages to get anything done. I soon realised it wasn't worth getting myself worked up over it so now I just get done what I can, when I can and I'm loving every minute of it. It's amazing how much satisfaction I get from seeing a small plant that I've grown at home from seed suddenly turns into a huge plant when it gets into the ground. Enjoy

countrygardener

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 22:46 »
planted my first plants today after getting rid of mares tail.i planted some sweet corn and loads of lettuce,i had some cabbages to plant BUT will i need to cover them with netting to stop the cabbge white getting at them.?I managed to go to the allotment twice today.......Really loving this!

deannatrois

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 00:47 »
I have had my allotment about two weeks.  We've cleared it and I love spending time there.., somehow its so fulfilling to know u are growing things. 

Unfortunately its being ruined by politics over polytunnel restrictions, but I am determined to just enjoy it and get on with growing regardless.  I'll face the seedlings problems when I have to.

xx
New allotment help

Started by Offwego on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 15, 2015, 12:49
by Ema
xx
Just got an allotment!

Started by Njal on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post January 14, 2009, 13:38
by Val H
xx
Help with my first allotment!

Started by andy2017 on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 07, 2017, 18:27
by Thrutchington
xx
Why You Have An Allotment?

Started by Glen on Grow Your Own

31 Replies
Last post February 06, 2008, 09:50
by gobs

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 36 queries.