finally hip operation in sight

• 27 Replies

jaydig

Re: finally hip operation in sight
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 09:56 »
I hope you have better news soon, Lillileaf, it must have been such a disappointment for you.  As you say, there is such a lot to organise before going into hospital, as well as the fact that life tends to be put on a bit of a hold until the date is set.  Let us know how you get on won't you.

Goosegirl

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 15:38 »
Aw Lillyleaf! It seems to be up to the patient nowadays to determine via various phone calls to various departments as to what's actually happening and when. Is your op the one where it's not as invasive as the usual type, in which case you do recover more quickly and don't have as much pain etc to deal with. I hope that during the op you feel like you're floating on a lovely white fluffy cloud - it's a wonderful feeling! I'm having an op on Monday as well for a cataract in my left eye, then will have the other one done later on. My optician said I had them, the NHS consultant I saw said I didn't, optician very annoyed, so I went private and yo! Got them in both eyes! Hey - let's compare notes next week and so hope you get free of all your pains. Love from GG xxxxx
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 19:11 »
Thank you so much everyone, my when it happens who knows when, it had gone wrong as soon as it was done last time and that was 7yrs ago.
 This time they will be taking the loose one out, if its not loose at the bottom they will have to saw into the bone and loosen it that way, which knowing my luck that is what will happen :mad:.
 So my date is some time in may i at get a cancellation i hope :unsure:.
But when it is done i will be sooo much better, then i will be on the waiting list for the other hip, they won't do it yet they say there is still some life left in it.
 GG thank you and good luck with every thing hope all goes well for you ;)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 12:37 »
The management systems at Ysbyty Gwynedd are a joke. Great doctors and nurses, terrible admin system. I wrote to them about where they went wrong with me and some suggestions on how to improve it, reducing costs and saving time for medical staff. Their reaction was to handle it as a complaint, take 3 months to deal with it and send a reply that boiled down to "You've had your operation"
However, good luck for whenever they do the replacement. They have the technology and can rebuild you!
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

LILLILEAF

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 20:53 »
Thanks John yes they can re-build me but will they get it right this time :unsure: who knows :lol: i have to laugh other wise id cry :(,just wait and see i will be back on my bike asap.

Goosegirl

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 12:09 »
You keep holding on there Lilyleaf and don't stand for any nonsense or messing about! Had my first eye op and all went really well. I so hope you have the same experience and please give us regular updates as and when.

snowdrops

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 12:30 »
Pleased it went well GG, will be lovely for you when both are done. I’m dreading getting cataracts as I hate anything to do with eyes.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2018, 16:17 »
Pleased to hear that your operation went ahead, and went well, GG.  Just one more to go, and you'll be as good as new!  Take it easy while you recover, though.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 06:03 »
I am very pleased all went well,take care have a nice rest,hope you get the nice weather you can sit out side and be the lady of the manor :lol:let people bring tea and cakes or what ever you need.
Look after your self hope you are a better patient than i am :lol:.Lillileaf

Goosegirl

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 12:16 »
Oh - thanks all for that - much appreciated. Am getting some TLC and being careful walking around as my eyes aren't working in synch at the moment. It's like I've imbibed rather too many tinctures - ha! Now it's your turn LL to get sorted out and I hope your supply of TLC, good food and tinctures a-plenty, and your favourite bath /shower lotions never run dry!  ;)

Goosegirl

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2018, 13:39 »
Lilyleaf - how's it going so far?

LILLILEAF

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2018, 05:46 »
Hows it going so far :dry: i am still waiting :( i am hoping it is going to happen this week fingers crossed,but as John said,the admin is a joke,i have had no letter for a date and where to go,so i rang them up on friday and got all the details i needed.
 The lady i spoke to was not the secretary to the consultant but she did say that the secretary is very slow >:( ,i did my best to keep calm :mellow:.
But it may get cancelled yet even on the day,i will keep you informed of progress if any.Lillileaf

Goosegirl

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2018, 14:38 »
Yeah, NHS communication is a complete disaster whether it be via their various PC systems which don't always talk to each other, people who couldn't manage to run a bath never mind a department, total lack of knowing how to work efficiently, and some who just don't care anymore. You'll probably get your letter on the day you're supposed to go in so thank goodness you rang up to see what's going on. Having any sort of intrusive op means the patient has to do a lot of organising beforehand which doesn't seem to be taken into account by admin staff. Lilyleaf, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of hip replacement will it be like all metal or a mix like mine as I just saw something on the news this morning about problems with metal hip replacements made by a particular firm. If you want to PM me about it that's fine. Fingers and toes crossed for you. GG x

xx
hip operation done

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

21 Replies
Last post May 30, 2018, 12:15
by LILLILEAF
xx
hip operation 3 weeks on

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 13:24
by Goosegirl
xx
Carpal tunnel operation

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post December 18, 2018, 13:55
by AlaninCarlisle
xx
Carpal tunnel operation

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

17 Replies
Last post November 18, 2020, 10:33
by AlaninCarlisle

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 51 queries.