Rosemary Cuttings

• 2 Replies

Willow_Warren

Rosemary Cuttings
« on: January 22, 2014, 16:15 »
Hi,

Can someone please advise what the best time of year is to take rosemary cuttings?

Or perhaps I should ask - would it be worthwhile taking rosemary cuttings at any point in the next 2 months?

I only ask becuse in my current rental house there is a large established rosemary bush that I'd like to take some cuttings from so I can take them with me when I move out (which I am hoping will be in the next 2 months).

I guess I don't  have anything to loose apart from the cost of a bit of horemone rooting powder.

Thanks

Hannah

Springlands

Re: Rosemary Cuttings
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 16:20 »
It is probably a bit early to take rosemary cuttings, the normal time would be from May to August or September. But you really have nothing to lose if you are going to be moving soon. Just try to keep the cuttings somewhere sheltered.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Rosemary Cuttings
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 16:59 »
Perhaps you might like to try THIS (note the month!)

Nothing to lose, and you should just about have enough time to find out if it has worked before trying the more conventional approach (in soil) before you move. They are usually one of the easiest types of cutting to root.  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Rosemary cuttings

Started by pottylotty1 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 13, 2018, 08:56
by sunshineband
xx
rosemary cuttings

Started by lazza on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 25, 2012, 20:12
by Amilo
xx
rosemary cuttings

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 21, 2010, 20:17
by DavidT
xx
Rooted Rosemary cuttings in water.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 09, 2019, 12:25
by adri

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 39 queries.