Landmaster Rotary Hoe

• 5 Replies

vitoman

Landmaster Rotary Hoe
« on: February 19, 2011, 09:34 »
Hi again,
I bought this "thing" off ebay late one night when I'd had quite a few beers, not recommended, paid far too much.
Bought as a non runner

Initial inspection found it to be intact with the exception of the exhaust, whose studs are sheared off

In addition, no spark!!
Not surprising considering the state of this lot.

I have purchased, new coil, new HT lead and an exhaust, and apart from cleaning and painting some items thats as far as I've got at the moment, mostly due to lack of time, and space in the garage (looks like someone broke in and trashed the place)

muckshifter

• Experienced Member
Re: Landmaster Rotary Hoe
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 16:48 »
Hello Vitoman,I believe the "thing" could be a Landmaster Kestrel Deluxe, I have one that I bought of E Bay in running order but missing most of the tin ware.
Luckily I'm not fond of alcohol and paid £50 for mine as a buy it now.
My landmaster 80 came out of a skip and the mag looked in a similar state to yours,I took it apart, left the coil in the airing cupboard for a goodly time cleant the points assembly and made a Ford Anglia condensor fit, much happiness, a lovely fat blue spark.  :D
The little bowl that the fuel inlet is part of was broken so I turned up a new one out of a bit of scrap brass, it is a grand little machine I used it all last season.
I have totally stripped it down over the winter and hope to finish spraying it and reassemble it this week,IF I can work out how to put photos on here I will.
Personally having had a bad experience Chinese cheapie I would rebuild a dear old Landmaster and have something I can rely on.
Very best of luck with your project.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 15:03 »
Hello muckshifter and vitoman, I'm from Australia and have one of the Landmaster Rotary Hoes, a Mark 2, I believe it is.
Were either of you able to source parts from a supplier in England, where they appear to have been made? 
I am searching for a clutch plate for the main drive from the motor as the teeth on mine are worn out.  The cork in the plate appears to be ok.
I would appreciate any advice on the above, as it would  probably be better to obtain one from an accredited parts manufacturer, if available. 
Otherwise I will see what the local engineering shop can do for me, as I believe it is worth doing up.
Regards
ScottsHouseFarm

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 19:28 »
I think there may be some confusion between the manufacturers, Rotary Hoes was another name for Howard wheras Landmaster was a different maker altogether, at one time part of Firth Cleveland the bolt makers, and also tied in with Webb/Atco who marketed Landmasters along side the Merry Tiller range. My 1990 Webb parts book lists the small front tyne models of Landmaster but not the mid tyne type. I doubt if any spares are still available for them.
R Tallentire

shaheed

Re: Landmaster Lion Cub
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 22:34 »
Hi,I am from London and have an allotment.Just bought a lion cub of Ebay and it is non runner.I have spent whole day today to service it.Lots of work.Good blue spark is what I am getting ,petrol is also coming through to carburetor but am unable to start.The fuel mixing screw is in a very difficult place right behind the carburetor which I also have tried to adjust but still no success.Any suggestions please.

grendel

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 12:31 »
pour a drop of fuel into the spark plug hole, if the spark and timing is correct it should fire up for a few seconds - that will prove the ignition side, is it a float carburettor, if so the needle valve may be sticking.
it should also fire up with a squirt of carburettor cleaner into the air intake , this may be enough to suck the fuel through the carb and keep it running.
grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

xx
Landmaster Rotary Hoe

Started by Mike Allenby on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post March 10, 2013, 23:49
by Mike Allenby
xx
Landmaster Rotary Hoe MK 2

Started by stoneroses on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post April 24, 2008, 20:18
by stoneroses
xx
Push along rotary lawnmower

Started by Allotment Jon on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post May 17, 2014, 09:12
by Beetroot Queen
xx
Bosch Rotak 34 Electric Rotary

Started by Chris Bromwell on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post April 08, 2011, 11:18
by Dominic

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 35 queries.