Has everybody disappeared or is it the cold.?.

• 7 Replies

orchardlady

Has everybody disappeared or is it the cold.?.
« on: December 16, 2010, 22:26 »
I startred a thread yesterday about duck eggs and the fact that people are not buying them but I have now come up against the problem that my hens are laying like the clappers and I have loads of spare eggs. I can barely keep up with demand in the Summer but now no one is buying any eggs. Is everyone on holiday abroad or are they just too busy with getting ready for Christmas or is it just the cold keeping everyone indoors. How are you doing with gate sales?

peter rooster

Re: Has everybody disappeared or is it the cold.?.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 22:49 »
NO EGGS SO NO SALES!!!!!!!!!!!

>:(  (not sold any yet anyway always ate them all but as numbers increase to six and only the two of us may have a surplus when things warm up.
Is there any sound better than contented chickens rosey away, far better tha whale song!

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 23:01 »
Monday I had 70 odd eggs stacked up in the freezing cold garage!!!!  Today I only have the 9 that were laid today and I have eaten one of those :)

My neighbour had 12, mother had 12 as did a  guy at the yard, I took 7 boxes of 6 to work and sold them all....

Mind you  I was hawking them round and not waiting for the sales to come to me,... .If I did that then I would not sell many at all :(
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 08:55 »
No eggs so cant sell any  :( even had to buy some this week as got loads of baking to do for Christmas  >:(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 08:57 »
my girls have just started coming back into lay and luckily my regulars have been very patient and been happy with the odd half dozen or so but they are pleased they can now have their usual amount whenever they want. However I don't sell from my gate I take them to my slimming club.  
Staffies are softer than you think.

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 15:15 »
We can't sell from our gate as we only get about 6 cars a day go past and they are mostly people with their own hens!!! However, now that our chooks have started laying (3 youngsters and Snowy, the light sussex) we do have a lovely pile of eggs in a bowl in the kitchen which will serve us and visitors well over the holiday :D
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

NormandyMary

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 20:43 »
Ive been getting around 3 eggs per day which despite the cold I think is not bad with only 4 hens. At least I managed to make up 2 dozen for my OH to take over to the family in the UK. My daughter just loves my girlies eggs, dippy eggs and soldiers for brekkies every day for her no doubt!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 21:10 »
I never seem to get a glut anymore.  I've got a lady in the village with hubby and 3 daughters who buys 5-6 dozen a WEEK, then her FIL buys a dozen plus the other couple of regulars.

Good job the new girls are laying a bit better!

xx
Sandwich disappeared

Started by bantam novice on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 08:19
by ehs284
xx
Hen With A Cold

Started by skyblue on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 01, 2007, 23:27
by Aunt Sally
xx
Cold & Wet

Started by stamford on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post November 13, 2008, 15:28
by Roughlee Handled
xx
My hen has a cold I think.

Started by tommyb on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 16, 2011, 02:40
by Lindeggs

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 36 queries.