Hello advice please

• 18 Replies

Bone

Re: Hello advice please
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 20:05 »
Well i have my duck choice down to saxonys or appleyards. I have also decided to extent there run space to 12x6 giving them plenty of space. One question reference chickens the place i am looking to get them from says they are vaccinated. What are they vaccinated against and is this general practice when selling poultry?

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 20:27 »
You can ask them for the records of what they have been vaccinated against and the date it was administered.  If they don't have the information recorded I would doubt that it has been done or correctly. 
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Barn owl

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 20:09 »
We used to have two Khaki Campbells, they were very friendly (one a lot more so) and laid plenty of eggs.  They had a house on stilts with a gangway up to it and a fenced off area of garden about 3 metres by 6 metres, with areas of grass and mud and a small area of water.  They loved woodlice to eat.  My neighbours used to say they loved their gentle mooching noises but they knew when we came home as the ducks would shout their heads off :lol:  My OH used to have an Aylsbury duck brilliant white!  Each time he came home the duck would quack and quack till he went out and fussed him awwww.

Sassy

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 08:46 »
One question reference chickens the place i am looking to get them from says they are vaccinated. What are they vaccinated against and is this general practice when selling poultry?

As a general rule hybrids tend to be vaccinated and pure breeds don't. Usually because the pure breeds come from a backyard keeper. :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

xx
Fruit and veg advice (heck - any advice!) for a newbie chook owner!

Started by cathy81walking on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post March 02, 2010, 11:30
by cathy81walking
xx
advice please

Started by Bobbie on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post December 22, 2008, 19:44
by karlooben
xx
Cat advice

Started by Belinda on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 15, 2008, 09:33
by Belinda
xx
fox advice

Started by Ockers on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 21, 2011, 10:58
by joyfull

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 33 queries.