Talkative torties

• 7 Replies

Goosegirl

Talkative torties
« on: March 29, 2011, 16:01 »
We have a rescue Tortie cat called Daphne from a Cat's rescue place, named after the lady whose door she came to in a storm. She is the most wonderful, loving, fascinating cat I have ever known with the deepest and softest fur strokeable. We have three other cats who are all loved equally but she is so vocal with chirrups, prrrrupts and whooo-whooo noises so that you can almost have a conversation with her (yes - I do have an imaginary one but it works). Whatever you say, she will respond appropriately. When she first appears in the morning, she makes her greeting noise and gets stroked accordingly; she is, at the moment, calmly lying on the carpet by my side waiting for me to feed the geese. When I go to get my wellies on, she is there by the door and will bound with great enthusiasm (as she does everything with a passion) out towards the hen/goose pen - then she'll disappear only to come back when I go back in. She, as all the others, have full run of the house and will often go to sleep and snore in her basket in my bedroom at night. She is so my friend. Just wanted to share the delight of having her with you all.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Talkative torties
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 16:04 »
Do you have a picture of her? :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

rainie

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 16:50 »
I had no idea a torty could be like this.
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.

maxyboo

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 20:34 »
She sounds gorgeous. I have a semi longhair silver/grey cat who talks all the time. I love it.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 21:36 »
Lucy the Siamese could talk for England, and she can really tell me off when she thinks I'm doing something wrong  ::) (like sitting at the desk so she can't get on my lap :nowink: )

when she comes in through the catflap she calls out to find out where you are, and gets really cross if you don't answer her :lol:

MJS

• Winner - favourite sunflower photo of 2011
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 21:46 »
she sounds a real sweetie. :D

evie2

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 18:15 »
She sounds just like Freya our tortie :D

All 4 of ours came from CPL, 2 sets of sibling a year apart.  One tabby, one black, sister and brother then ginger and tortie also sister and brother and they're all very vocal ::)

I'd never had cats before so I thought all cats were like this but apparently not :D

Have you put her picture on the Pets Gallery yet?
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

nipper31

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 14:13 »
I had twin torties, Simba is very LOUD all the time and Tumble (now sadly passed away) was quite meek and mild.

xx
Here are pix of my lovely torties...!

Started by Goosegirl on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post March 27, 2010, 12:07
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 39 queries.