Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2018, 16:10 »
Had an op 6 weeks ago to remove a basal cell carcinoma from my face, and this morning I went back to the hospital for the consultant to give me the results of the biopsy, which thankfully was good (i.e. they reckon they've managed to carve all of it out.)

Think I may have overdone my cautionary remarks about protecting my face from the sun, because the charming Irish consultant gently told me not to turn myself into a mushroom, and that life is there to be enjoyed (I dunno, you go in to fix one problem and come out with another!  :wacko:  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2018, 17:00 »
Thank goodness the results were good!
You didn't really want to be a mushroom did you?  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2018, 18:26 »
Great news, Jay - long may it continue and make you feel better!

As Mum says, being the right side of the grass is preferable to the alternative, and you can now wear that big hat you always wanted!

Take care eh?

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2018, 07:20 »
Thanks for your comments Mum and Growster, I do now have a 'cricket hat', which I like wearing as much as I enjoyed wearing my school cap (ie. only when in sight of the school grounds!  ;))

If people worry about the effects of sun exposure at all it probably involves remembering to check whether any of their moles are changing their appearance (quite rightly too.)

BCC's are surprisingly common - mine was on my left temple and before the op I felt the need to mention it to my barber. She said she'd quite often noticed suspicious patches of skin on some of her clients, one of whom passed it off as just a rough patch on his ear - a couple of months later he admitted it had been diagnosed as a BCC and had been surgically removed. Worth bearing in mind folks, especially if you're fair skinned and got lots of healthy sunshine in your yoofs. ;)

The main point the consultant made was not to avoid sun exposure altogether, but to know your own skin and make sure you take sensible measures to avoid burning it.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2018, 09:27 »
Sounds like your consultant had the right balance there between being careful, but not letting something take over your life.  Thank goodness you did have it checked and the outcome was good  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2018, 13:47 »
So pleased you got the treatment you needed at the right time JayG, it’s such a shame when people leave it too long & then it’s a different ending.
Granddaughter here for the day again, it’s only 1 day a week but it comes around so quickly, thank goodness, we would be happy to have her more, she’s such a poppet, she’s having her nap now so time for a sit down with my feet up & a cuppa lol
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2018, 05:43 »
I feel a strimming day coming on...

The brick paths here are a disgrace, with weeds all over the place, so its 'bzzzzzzzzzzzz' for an hour or so - sorry neighbours...

madcat

« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2018, 09:35 »
Been at Mum's for a few days - so started with a tour of inspection.  All well with the world and now it is down to watering because they are a bit parched.  Then it is the dentists ....  :(
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2018, 09:17 »
Glorious sunshine here, but I over gardened a bit yesterday and am not rushing out in it.  A more sedate day I think with possible pottering later  :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2018, 09:27 »
No sunshine here today  :(
I only pottered yesterday, after plot inspection frenzy on Friday! - but my back says no strenuous work today either  :dry: but there's still plenty to do in the greenhouse  :ohmy:
I think it's going to be one of those years when I never catch up with myself  :wacko:

snowdrops

« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2018, 09:33 »
Wedding to attend today so no gardening,looks like it’s going to be a scorcher too. Greenhouse all opened & well watered. I advertised some tomato plants last night on fb marketplace, had 4 replies by this morning. Turning into a pain, 1 person was going to come last night,then first thing this a.m,still not turned up! I’m not bothered about selling them, just wanted good homes for my excesses lol

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2018, 10:00 »
Lovely day here again, nearly wishing for rain now ;)

Night time temps not set to dip below 10c over the next weel so it's nearly time to take the doors of the PT for the summer. Taking the sprog out to the park for a picnic.

Growster...

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2018, 12:13 »
Bit sad here - one of our oldest friendly neighbours has just popped off, and that's just after another chum as well...

Mum, I think you once said that Stig knew a few people round here - it's dear David Wood the butcher. A lovely man, and we always reckoned he took a few pennies off our order as we lived next door, and were still newlyweds - well a few years! His wife is a darling, and we know all their children so well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2018, 12:14 »
Sad news, I'll have to ask him..

snowdrops

« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2018, 17:55 »
Well it was a bit of a too early start after a late night at the wedding, which was lovely. I was helping take delivery of the 1300 plants for the planting up of the village hanging baskets tomorrow. Then it was a bit too hot to do much in the garden after lunch, plus I needed to bake for the volunteers tomorrow who will be planting up the said baskets. Committee meeting this evening. This retired life is certainly keeping me occupied lol

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 56 queries.