Beans, beans and more beans

• 6 Replies

Mrs.Veg

« on: February 05, 2007, 13:35 »
Make your soups and stews spin out more and also be more healthy by adding a tin of canellini or mixed beans (rinse them under the tap first to get all the sugary gunk off em!).  Pity we can't harness the wind power that inevitably follows one of my bean meals - we could have free light and heat too!  :lol:

tinshed

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 20:09 »
Today spun out a shepherd's pie with chick peas.  Lovely!

Mrs.Veg

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 21:01 »
Good on ya!  My hubby gets a bit fed up of my love of beans though!  I'm limited to 3 meals a week or he says, "is this infested with beans again?"  :lol:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 21:54 »
You on a budget too Mrs Veg?  I sometimes add a small can of baked beans to cottage pie mix to bulk it out a bit.
Cheese makes everything better.

Mrs.Veg

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 22:07 »
Well, I just try not to waste cash.  I love making meals which are really healthy and frugal too. :) Got any recipes?

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 22:15 »
Got loads of recipes Mrs V.  Have a son who is an athlete and I have always tried to cook healthily on a budget.  Also, at the age of 51, I have gone back to college to train as a chef.  Yes, just me and ten spotty teenagers in the class.  Aaaargh. :(

Mrs.Veg

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 09:42 »
Good on ya!  My brother did that when he was in his forties and he now owns a restaurant!  All the best! (especially given the spotty teenager scenario!) :lol:

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 38 queries.