Table top cookers

• 9 Replies

GraciesGran

Table top cookers
« on: January 19, 2023, 13:41 »
The cooker that was in situ when we moved in is on its last legs.  The kitchen will be redone later in the year so am thinking of investing in a table top cooker.

Any recommendations, pros and cons?

Growster...

Re: Table top cookers
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 18:09 »
The cooker that was in situ when we moved in is on its last legs.  The kitchen will be redone later in the year so am thinking of investing in a table top cooker.

Any recommendations, pros and cons?

We've had several of these over the years, as getting down so low isn't an option here, GrGr!

The best one we've found is a Morphy Richards 28 litre Mini Oven with hob! (The link takes up too much space, but just Google 'Argos', and you'll easily find it)!

They do one with two hob rings on top, and it costs £160.00. You can use one ring when the oven's on, the rotisserie works well, and, we can easily cook enough on the two shelves when we need to!

For two of us, it's ideal! It's actually the second one we've bought, as the first 'died' after I cleaned it with some sort of atomic reactor acid, and it took all the paint off the outside, then mucked up the seals, and finally the inside as well, so that wasn't a good idea...

Argos were brilliant, so you'd need a visit to Sainsbury's or pay to get it delivered!

We have tried others in the past, but anything around the £100.00/£120.00 mark doesn't really come up to scratch!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 18:10 by Growster... »

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 06:46 »
Thank you so much Growster.  The people in my phone are so helpful and knowledgeable.

As it happens will be at Sainsbury's later today.

MrsPea

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 08:46 »
Gracie my mum swears by them and she still uses hers everyday she's 98  :D
I Love my green house

GraciesGran

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 07:56 »
Thank you.  Trip to Argos, new oven in place.  Coped with last night's fish pie perfectly.  Highly recommended.

MrsPea

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 09:13 »
Thank you.  Trip to Argos, new oven in place.  Coped with last night's fish pie perfectly.  Highly recommended.
Well done  :D

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 05:45 »
I'm so pleaed for you GrGr!

We find that we sometimes need a slightly higher temperature than oft-stated, but the hottest setting really is hot!

I also warm the plates on the bottom shelf at the same time for the last five minutes (the microwave plate-heaters don't do the edges very well), so it's a winner all the time!

Just don't use that oven cleaner which has a plastic bag for accessories etc., (I think it's called Oven Pride or similar), as the whole shebang will go powdery grey and look terrible as well!

GraciesGran

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 08:00 »
Growster

Every time I've used it I wipe it out, now no bending is required it's almost a pleasure.

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 08:58 »
That's the real bonus, GrGr!

I used to unplug ours and turn it on its side to give it a real cleaning out, but haven't done that for a while!

The inside top area does get a bit burnt, but not too bad!

I keep wondering about baking spuds on the rotisserie too...:0~

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2023, 09:55 »
We've just got a fitted induction hob to replace the old gas one and really like it. As for our old inherited electric oven, it's by the gate waiting for removal. The space it was in now houses our combi-microwave. Didn't know you could get table-top cookers, but the fitted table in our kitchen is usually covered with various boxes of cereal, serving trays, and some of OH's stuff including his Makita drill in its case which, if I put it in the garage, it will immediately be needed! 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 47 queries.