Why do I

• 22 Replies

SalJ1980

Why do I
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 08:51 »
Having just bought a slow cooker (wanted one for ages, found a 3.5litre one for £11.99 in the local bargain shop  :D ) it's occurred to me I can probably use it to make jam!

Anyone tried this - with or without success?
Sal

Organic...so far!

Poolfield2

Why do I
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 11:53 »
The raspberry/tayberry jam tastes fine but cos its made by concentrating the fruit there are an awful lot of seeds to the spoon of jam. Never mind, high fibre is good for you :lol:  :lol:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Why do I
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 12:14 »
Hey Trillium!!  Your pan wasn't made by a company called Ruun, in Germany was it?  I remember some years ago going to Alexander palace in Lond to a Big Craft and other stuff Fair with my friend Jacqui, and Ruun had these pans there and it didn't matter what they did to they, nothing ever stuck to them.  They put an omellette in one with no fat at all, and no matter how long it was on the cooker, it never burnt, and the guy put sugar in there and cooked it and cooked it, left it for ages, tipped it out and when the pan cooled down, he just wiped it away with a piece of kitchen towel.  

The pan I wanted was £75 without the lid, goodness knows what they are now if they still make them!

Poolfield2

Why do I
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 18:42 »
[/QUOTE]Having just bought a slow cooker (wanted one for ages, found a 3.5litre one for £11.99 in the local bargain shop Very Happy ) it's occurred to me I can probably use it to make jam!

It wouldn't work with the traditional method cos it wouldn't get hot enough but I'll give the evaporating method a go in mine and see.

SalJ1980

Why do I
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 18:48 »
Thanks Pool, I look forward to the test results!

The first time I saw your username I didn't read it properly and missed the first 'L', and wondered why you'd chosen such an odd name!  :lol:

Trillium

Why do I
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 20:52 »
Grannie, no my pan isn't made in Germany. In fact, it's made by a small company in Prince Edward island (Anne of Green Gables country) and they specialize in better quality cookware.
Sounds like the pan you're talking about has teflon coating. We have teflon pans here, but the teflon breaks down after a few months and things begin to stick, and eventually the coating flakes off. Ugh.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Why do I
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 23:02 »
No Trill, they aren't teflon coated, I've had teflon type pans for yeas, blooming things!  Last year I got a guaranteed for 10years teflon type coated wok, and the first time Brian used it, he burnt the bottom and I could hear this strange noise coming from teh kitchen (strange because he doesn't often clean the pans!!!!) and he was srubbing it madly with the plasticy sponge thungy, and managed to get allthe burn AND the teflon off the bottom!!!!

Hang on, see if I can find the leaflet, I've still got it and I can tell you what its made of!  Blast!!  Can't find it, but I saw it a couple of weeks ago.  I''ll keep looking!

But it isn't teflon!

muntjac

Why do I
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 08:29 »
my mam always said " to make good jam ....... take a chair and a magazine into to the kitchen and watch it"  :wink:
still alive /............

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 38 queries.