cream legbar

• 3 Replies

animal mad

• Experienced Member
cream legbar
« on: August 09, 2009, 16:32 »
hi , i am trying to fine out aboutthis breed, i think they are the ones that i would like to breed. the only thing i cant find out is are they nice natured and what sort of size are they. i have hybrids atthe moment and want to know if they are about the same size. are there any breeders down somerset way.
 thanks

raeburg

Re: cream legbar
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 16:46 »
My legbar girls are approx 18 weeks old and are still smaller than my ex bats which are warren type hybrids.  The boys are a little larger and are the same age.

raeburg

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 16:53 »
mine are nice natured and funny looking things :) bit smaller than my ex bats but they are 18 weeks young and haven't started laying yet.  very quick on their feet and wings :)

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 20:55 »
mine are very skittish, and boy can they fly!  they are smaller than the hybrids, and eat a lot less, though they do scratch up the grass rather efficiently.  Though not such prolific layers they lay lovely pale greeny blue eggs that are as big as the hybrids'.

They have the added advantage that the chicks can be sexed at day old (auto-sexing). My cockerel is extremely vigorous, and broke the pelvis of one of his wives, but he now has 8 wives and is much happier. He is very protective of his harem, to the point of aggression. Am hoping to get a replacement who is a little more docile.
                                                                                               'Mimey
IMG_0987.JPG
Pets:if you don't love them like family, don't have them

xx
cream legbar?

Started by Wattsy on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post August 16, 2011, 14:13
by hillfooter
xx
Cream Legbar

Started by death of rats on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 08, 2012, 13:58
by joyfull
xx
cream legbar? now with pic

Started by Tigerwren on The Hen House

29 Replies
Last post October 25, 2011, 09:29
by hillfooter
question
Ok i think i have a Dwarf cream legbar

Started by peeppeeps on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 18, 2010, 22:51
by joyfull

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 32 queries.