Fear the Walking Dead!

• 8 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Fear the Walking Dead!
« on: June 08, 2019, 13:52 »
Now I admit I really enjoy The Walking Dead and its sister series, Fear the Walking Dead. For those who don't know they're set in post-apocalyptic world when the survivors fight amongst themselves and zombie hordes stalk the land.
So our gallant bands of survivors are barricaded in fortresses and trying to grow their own food as the stores are running out.
So I'm sitting there thinking "They shouldn't be burning those sweetcorn stalks, they ought to make compost" and "They need more land than that to feed those many people"
Finally it strikes me that I'm gripped by a series where the dead come back to life and walk around trying to eat the living but offended by the liberties they're taking with gardening! Funny how the mind works :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Goosegirl

Re: Fear the Walking Dead!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 13:19 »
John, may I kindly ask if you were on the home-made tinctures and some left-over cheese last night because I think you've just had some sort of nightmare.  :nowink: 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

sospan

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 18:10 »

Finally it strikes me that I'm gripped by a series where the dead come back to life and walk around trying to eat the living but offended by the liberties they're taking with gardening! Funny how the mind works :)

I live on the route to a local Comprehensive school and watch them trudge their way to school each morning, dragging their feet, mumbling away in a world of their own. I am not sure which has more realistic zombies - the Walking Dead (big fan) or the local comp.

One thing about the Walking Dead series - It rarely rains

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 00:14 »
John, may I kindly ask if you were on the home-made tinctures and some left-over cheese last night because I think you've just had some sort of nightmare.  :nowink:
Afraid not a drop had passed my lips.  :D
sospan - now you mention it...

Auntiemogs

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 13:31 »
I can never understand why, when there are so few people left, they run out of food so quickly! I also catch myself wondering just how long the living dead would be mobile for, but then remind myself that this is fiction, and a good story line is necessary to keep people's attention.  :lol:  All that aside, we've decided that we will head to our local docks, where there's a plentiful supply of food and shipping containers (and a Twongo Superstore just down the road) - after raiding the local archery club store of course!  ::) :D :lol:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 20:10 »
Whilst we're picking holes in the zombie apocalypse (not to be confused with a zombie calypso) -years after it happened they're still managing to find cars with petrol that run. Maybe American batteries are superior but they've not gone flat after years? Also, as my garden machinery man says every time, stale petrol gums up the carburettor. Never use petrol over 2 months old... (although he might just be justifying the bill... honestly it's cheaper to get the car serviced than the lawnmower :( )

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 09:20 »
Poetic licence my fiend, poetic licence
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 17:47 »
Did you know how fast spaceships go in science fiction? As fast as the speed of plot!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 20:36 »
All that aside, we've decided that we will head to our local docks, where there's a plentiful supply of food and shipping containers (and a Twongo Superstore just down the road) - after raiding the local archery club store of course!  ::) :D :lol:

I'll admit to the odd moment of thinking 'This would be the place to hole up in'  :lol:  Usually when assisting OH on jobs - I'm generally delivering bits of kit he has forgotten to take or acting as general gofer,  so have more time to look round than he does. 

Spotted a great one last year.  Huge wire fences and walls round the whole place, loads of land, big lake and a woodland area with a small deer park.  Off the beaten track as well, so hopefully the zombie herds would tramp down the main roads and pass it by  :D

xx
Car Accident - I am in fear

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post May 27, 2023, 11:16
by Cazzb

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 48 queries.