Finally, My chicken realise who the boss is....and its not me

• 4 Replies

splash101

This past week my 5 chickens have been dilly dallying at bed time.

It started a week ago when something spooked them 10 minutes before they were due to retire for the evening.

Its unsettled them, they are in the coop, then out then make extra security checks going around the coop several times, they go back in, the slightest noise and there back out and the whole process starts again.

Tonight my Hubby came down with me and the last one in shot back out to see who it was.
By this time it was dark and i told the chicken that she may as well just send an open invitation to foxy as she was now encroaching on his timetable.

Hubby asked, "cant you just pick her up and put her in"? I told him by all means if he thought he could catch her then the floor was all his.
Off course she soon had the better of him  ;) and was racing around the empty veg patch
He calmly walked over to the coop, pointed at the pop hole in a very authoritarion manner and said "for goodness sake, get in"
She stopped dead in her tracks, about turned and trotted up the ramp straight in.  :nowink:

I've booked him for the rest of the week!

rcf100

• Experienced Member
Every so often they just need a stern talking to then!  The same could be said for hubbys  :lol:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
They do love giving us the run around. 

Chicken Whisperer, now there could be a career change for your hubby!!   :lol:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

splash101

lol, i know what you mean. I dont own chickens, they own me.

it was quite funny to watch. He usually lets them out in the morning and i put away at night.

These ones are very agile and quick and i dont think they would ever come and eat out of your hand like the other ones we've had so catching them in nigh on impossible

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
I currently have pulled rib muscles due to trying to "guide" a bantam back to her coop!!  ::) :lol:  It only hurts when I sneeze, laugh, cough, move ...............! :blush:

xx
Exactly who's boss here?

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post October 05, 2010, 19:18
by jinty1911
xx
Finally !

Started by nickiit2003 on Chicken Chat

24 Replies
Last post April 05, 2012, 16:47
by nickiit2003
xx
Finally...

Started by fd01 on Chicken Chat

13 Replies
Last post June 11, 2012, 21:51
by fd01
xx
Finally

Started by chuckmad on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post June 03, 2010, 17:17
by chuckmad

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 38 queries.