Cheap sheds!

• 9 Replies

Allotment Angel

Cheap sheds!
« on: July 24, 2008, 15:58 »
Hi.  After a tip off by some fellow allotmenteers I have just bought a 8x6 shed from B&Q for £50 (+£20 delivery)  rrp £299!  No this is not a joke.

Apparently at this time of year they sell off damaged sheds at rediculous prices.  Damaged in my case means it didn't have a plastic wrap around it.  The guy at the garden centre assured me it has all the bits plus a few extra floor panels he thinks.  Other damaged sheds include sheds with faded panels or an odd bit missing.  Some which have blown over in the wind but are easily fixed.

Ok, so maybe you'll need to work a bit harder to get it together or replace the floor or something but it's got to be worth it!  Best to go down on a Wednesday or Thursday when they do a stock check as I've just missed out twice before.

Hope someone else gets a bargain!  Looking forward to mine arriving on Monday  :D  Angela

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Cheap sheds!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 16:08 »
wow! good find Angela!

Plot 2

Cheap sheds!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 16:45 »
Was this B&Q up on the Coast Road (off the A19) ?...Did they only have the one for sale?

Allotment Angel

Cheap sheds!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 17:32 »
Hi.  Yes, that's the one.  They only had one left last Thursday but they seem to be doing stock checks every week at the moment.  The assistant said they had sold a few more of them the day before.  As I said, go on a Wednesday and don't be shy to ask if they have any damaged sheds to sell.  I felt a bit silly the first time I asked but the assistants were really nice and told me to keep coming back.  Just have to be there at the right time I guess!

Plot 2

Cheap sheds!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 20:38 »
Hi,
The shed we have over at the allotment is in good condition & doesnt need replaced, however, i could do with a shed in the back garden just for the usual things,..lawn mower, hedge trimmers  etc as they are all crammed into a small out house/ex coal house at the moment, only trouble is, our back garden is quite small &  8 x 6 shed would be a bit too big,.. a 7 x 5  or  6 x 4 would be just the job if i could get one...
B&Q is just about 10 mins walk up the road for us, so we will try to pay them a visit Wednesday.

Thank You!!

Adrian

Allotment Angel

Cheap sheds!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 21:32 »
The shed is here! :bounce:  It arrived at 8am this morning and was carried through to the back garden loose as the assistant hadn't wrapped it in plastic as he had said.  That said, we had a look through everything and it all seems to be there.  We got an extra door which is great as our mini shed at the allotment has a very warped door and this will do nicely.  There seems to be extra flooring and lots of other small lengths of wood which are for fixing it all together, though I can't imagine we need it all for the shed.  The packets of screws, nails etc also came which I hadn't thouht about so that is great! :wink:
It's going to take a few weeks to get it put together as we need to sort out the base first but I'll try and post a photo when we're done.  Just don't hold your breath!

Runnerbean

Cheap sheds!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 20:25 »
I got a similar thing from focus. A 6x4 shiplap shed, was £229, mine for £50!!!  The best thing was it had never been built and had just been sat in the yard for a year, so it was brand new, just a bit weathered but when i painted it it looks like a brand new beauty!!!
They had lost the bag of fixings though but they gave me one from a 8x6 shed instead so i got loads of extra bits and enough door hinges for a barn.  They even gave me an extra roll of roofing felt as well!!!
Finally got the space, now just nead the girls!!

daz

• Experienced Member
Cheap sheds!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 18:53 »
i just phone my cousin who works for b+q and he dont know nothing bout any cheap sheds but is gona keep an eye for me and also said you were lucky to get it for £50 as they aint usually allowed to sell them with that much of a discount

altho he did mention that last year they were selling 12 foot trampolines off for 35 a piece cause they over stocked and couldnt shift them ,gutted he didnt tell me at the time

Lee1978

Cheap sheds!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 19:16 »
Are these the featherboard sheds? if so i bought one of these sheds last year and ended up taking it back as it was warped to hell and was very flimsy. For 50 quid you can't grumble though :wink:

Allotment Angel

Cheap sheds!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 07:29 »
Hi.  No, this is a shiplap shed not a feather board shed.  Maybe only our local B&Q is discounting them so much?  Just know I'm really lucky and hope someone else gets one too  :D

xx
Cheap sheds

Started by noshed on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post September 26, 2008, 10:06
by noshed
xx
Cheap Sheds at local Been & Q

Started by CDave on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post January 28, 2012, 14:34
by evie2
xx
sheds

Started by 02rlgudgin on Frugal Living

61 Replies
Last post March 18, 2007, 15:08
by frazzy
xx
Sheds

Started by tallulah on Frugal Living

36 Replies
Last post December 07, 2007, 19:29
by sweet nasturtium

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 38 queries.