Damping off disease

• 1 Replies

ricky

Damping off disease
« on: June 04, 2018, 21:12 »
Hi guys everything's late and yet again I'm having my yearly problem damping off I stopped growing lobelia many years ago  because of this I tried everything cheshunt  compound sowing very  thinly all in the propagator , now this is my third batch of Livingstone daisys this year  sowed them on top of the compost and they always do well for a few days then it starts I spray with cheshunt but to no avail it's always the very small seeds i.e. lobelia and Livingstone daisys , any ideas boy's its a tough one.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Damping off disease
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 11:30 »
Make sure you take the lid off the propagator as soon as the seedlings emerge, and if you can, water from underneath rather than above to reduce the humidity at the compost surface. Use tap water rather than rain water.

Can't comment about the use of Cheshunt compound, partly because I've never used it, but also because it was banned in the EU in 2011, although I daresay you're not the only one still using it.  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
raised seed damping off

Started by rowlandwells on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post March 16, 2018, 12:28
by jcbuz1970
clip
disease

Started by Dopey113 on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post May 20, 2015, 18:09
by Dopey113
xx
Rose disease?

Started by Scribbler on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post March 10, 2008, 19:11
by gobs
xx
Chestnut Tree Disease

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post August 19, 2008, 10:50
by gobs

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 39 queries.