score a biggy for muntjac

• 19 Replies

muntjac

« on: January 15, 2007, 21:45 »
had a old lady knock on my door today .she asked are you karl ,, yups mum i said , mrs obionekinobi ( not her real name ) said you may be able to help me with a bit of fencing ,,, cours i can i said , so off up the street we toddles and into the ladies house heading to the  back garden before i got through to the kitchen iwas met by a fantastic looking whippet pup of just 3 montsh ,thios was the reason for the visit , she the lady needed a bit of fencing put up across one side of her back fence where she had a rockery affair ,to stop the little blighter jumping it and running amok , i tol her no problem a 10 ft by 3 ft bit of close trellis would be fine and i would do it for her no probs and let her know the cost before i started , no more than £15 to make and fit it with a couple posts  letting it over lapthe older fencing,,then she asked if i knew anyone would like the greenhouse in the corner  as she had no use for it anymore and her hubby had died  before it was completly put up  he was the gardener and she wasnt interesetd . she just wanted it gone , i said i could take it myself and i wouldnt charge her for the fence trellis , she said it hasnt got all the glass in ,no matter i said i could scrounge some panes up ,, no she siad its all here but my huby never finished putting it in ,, looking in the shed theer were some 30 odd panes of brand new glass,the gereenhouse was a 10 x 8 ft with sliding doors automatic vents with 2 benches to be finished off the wood slats having rotted this house was  unused from new and had been left in its present state for 3 years ,,i told her it was sold and i will be making tha fencing and giving her a few quid extra , also putting a box of veggies on her doorstep as a thank you ,, so now folks i am now the owner of 3 greenhouses . ... but thats not the best bit .or could it be , but she said well in here ( the shed ) are all the gardening tools  he had and im sure you ( meaning me ) can make good use of them , old in excellent condition still in oil rag from when he last used them was forks spade hoes rakes othe bits and bobs ,,, my orders ? to take whatever i wanted from the shed  all the tools and odd tins of paint etc ,ihad to clear it all out .. i looked like i had won the lotttery at this point as there was a box of woodworking tools and oddsn ends . i knew that i just couldnt take this lot and not put a few quid her way so i just gave her £100 for all the stuff and greenhouse ... and i wil be doing the fencing ,,, so im happy she is happ[y ,,,  :)
still alive /............

jack russell

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 22:53 »
well done

thats the sort of luck i could do with a slice of  :lol:

cheers

jr
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 23:06 »
You jammy old * Karl!!!!   lol

Good luck to you mate!!!

Axe Victim

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 23:11 »
Tears in my eyes...good man! Many another would've taken advantage...as many did try to with my old mother. Goodstuff! (this is sincere...it could sound insincere, but it isn't).

:)
If life gives you lemons...wrap a dog turd in newspaper and set fire to it on Life's doorstep.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 23:17 »
It was a good day for you muntjac and a good day for mrs obionekinobi ( not her real name )

Nice when the world spins round so sweetly  :!:  :D

muntjac

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 23:19 »
made my week afore its star :) ted

hayles62

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 06:58 »
You made a good friend too and I bet you look out for her for ever now, wish my neighbours were as nice... :D

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 10:41 »
that just shows, doesnt it, that if your a nice person and prepared to put a bit of effort in and help people, that you get much more out of it. And what a nice old dear as well.

Nice one mate
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

noshed

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 11:13 »
Good luck mate.
You should have seen some of the people who tried to take advantage of my Auntie when she was living alone (fortunately she gave them a flea in their ear and called the police.)
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

muntjac

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 11:44 »
id like to have 3 minutes with the basssssssssssss who beat that old fella up in his own house .. 1 minute apiece is more than enough time to make eunuchs  :x

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 12:17 »
Nice one Karl

You are a true gentleman

Good luck mate
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 18:35 »
Muntjac has a quality which is becoming a thing of the past...

He knows the difference between right and wrong  :!:

All we can do is try to teach by example  :D

legendaryone

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 22:26 »
Last week i recieved a newsletter from my local allotment society general chit chat, when the rent is due etc plus they need some volunteers to help put up the raised beds on the plots we have put aside for disabled allotmenteers, so anyway on sunday i as popping a cheque and a note to say i was available on any sunday they want into the letterbox when two of the commitee members turned so i handed the envelope to them, 5 minutes one of them runs down to my allotment and asks if i would like a greenhouse as one has been left on a plot which has been let go. 1 minute later i was the proud owner of a 6x8 greenhouse :D

I wasn't the only person on the site that morning there was at least a dozen of us, but i think because i willing to work any sunday swung it in my favour, so my advice is do a good deed, because every good deed will be rewarded :D

muntjac

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 22:36 »
good on ya mate n enjoy ur new plaything :lol: dont forget the camping stove and salt cellar for those summer days

legendaryone

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 22:46 »
Camping stove was the first thing i put in the shed, second was the frying pan :lol:  :lol:

xx
score one for me

Started by muntjac on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post January 22, 2007, 20:24
by denbo73

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 40 queries.