Most Wanted

• 24 Replies

BJ

Most Wanted
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 21:23 »
well the red hardwood posts are going to be used as framing for the shed and the reclaimed timber posts and going to be for the big chicken run,but by god them red hardwood post weigh alot!

loads of work starting this saturday..then off to spain for a week then it will carry on when we come back...
BJ x
http://bjsallotment.blogspot.com/
I'm not scared to look in skips!

WG.

Most Wanted
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 21:28 »
Where did you get 'em BJ & do you know what timber they are?   Only red hardwoods I know are Alder (and Mahogany :shock:) !

BJ

Most Wanted
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 22:03 »
I bought the wood of someone off ebay I went to but the ones I won and whilst I was there he said that lots for sale too,I bought 21 reclaimed timber posts for £16 then he said there is 20 hardwood posts there for £20 if you want them too? so we did...he lives in Blackburn near me...still got loads of wood

WG.

Most Wanted
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 22:06 »
Thanks.

IF they are Alder, they'll never rot but I'd treat them anyhow just in case.  Unless u know they're treated, of course.

muntjac

Most Wanted
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 23:25 »
i have a delivery this week or beginning next of a 40ft lorry of pallets they are 16 ft long 10ft wide with 4x4 posts  and also 1 inch by 4 inch planking on some , i to get some hardwood ones .most of the wood comes from overseas  with steel sheet on it , i have a pic on her with some .. type pallets in search and it may come up . but will take a couple pics if my daughter will leave her camera for me to play with lol
still alive /............

noshed

Most Wanted
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 00:41 »
Those are pallets indeed. are you going to make some more giant edifices?
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

muntjac

Most Wanted
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 14:03 »
got a few litle projects in mind .one being a new compost bin   :lol:

Trillium

Most Wanted
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 16:59 »
If the pallets are coming from overseas, have a VERY careful look over all the wood to be sure no unwanted bugs came along for the ride. Due to some carelessly inspected pallets coming from Asia, Canada now has 2 voracious new pests, the Emerald Ash Borer and a black and white long horned beetle, neither of which have a natural predator since they were only recently introduced. The borers are steadily wiping out our ash tree population and are now about 2 hours south of where I live. The beetle feeds on any wood and is currently contained in Toronto but it's expected that it has secretly moved on.

muntjac

Most Wanted
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 20:45 »
well they will have ben here for months mate so the bugs already here probs ,if they in he rubbish my wood burner will take care of em  :wink:  :lol:

Trillium

Most Wanted
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 04:34 »
There lies the problem - they'll be long gone and doing their worst.

xx
wanted paraffin heaters

Started by philskin on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post December 06, 2008, 07:23
by philskin

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 36 queries.