help very poorly sad unhappy hen

• 3 Replies

joules

help very poorly sad unhappy hen
« on: March 08, 2011, 17:05 »
(minee) thats her name she is not well wormed  her 2 weeks ago & a big difference but this morn went to collect eggs & 3 eggs!!! (3 hens) but 1 broken & the other 2 eating it !!! but she was just standing there & would not move then i saw her limp chked her all day took her to vets they said looking good clean good weight full crop gave her an antibiotic but cant find anything wrong!!! Any ideas what to do  my 6yr old son is upset so am i we love our girls they are so much fun& really friendly...they are rhode island reds! abt 13 mnths old.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 17:11 by joules »

bantam novice

Re: help very poorly sad unhappy hen
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 19:39 »
No advice from me, Joules, just wanted to wish you Luck with minnee and keep us posted.. I'm sure that someone more experienced than I will be along shortly to advise you. 
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 19:47 »
Good on you for taking her to the vet.  If they couldn't find anything physically wrong with her, that makes it much more of a challenge to work out.

Has anything changed in her environment recently - have you changed the chickens' food, or the brand of bedding, or anything else?

Meanwhile do keep a close eye on her and look for any other symptoms.  Hopefully whatever it was will pass and she will soon be back to her normal self.

Good luck to you and Minee (I have a Minnie myself. :))

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 20:58 »
She might be feeling off colour if she laid a soft egg (eg the broken one being eaten).  She should pick up, if that's all it was.  Keep an eye on her tomorrow for signs that she's picked up and is acting normally.  If not, it may mean a return trip to the vet

xx
Unhappy hen?

Started by ghost61 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post August 16, 2017, 06:35
by ghost61
xx
Unhappy :(

Started by kizza on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 29, 2008, 11:35
by kizza
xx
Unhappy hen

Started by Wyandottie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 04, 2010, 17:45
by Wyandottie
xx
Unhappy Moulting Hen

Started by LittleRedHen on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post November 06, 2009, 13:15
by sallylouise

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 38 queries.