worming

• 10 Replies

redjane11

worming
« on: June 27, 2007, 21:59 »
Hi, just read about wormimg chickens, when using panacur is it the one that you give to cats etc and how much to use. Tabs or granuals, should it be put in a treat so you know its been taken.   This is the first time i ever had to do it. don't know if its ever been done to my chicken before.
Thank you
Adopt a chicken

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
worming
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 22:07 »
I would not recommend panacur as it is not licenced for chickens and if used you cannot eat the eggs for a couple of weeks.

I would recommend flubenvet.  Do read the sticky about worming in this forum  :D

redjane11

worming
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 22:27 »
Ok thanks will order some online now cheapest i can see is bestpet pharmacy. Hoping this may make poor chicken feel better, seemed to perk up yesterday, not eating much so going to try her on some trreats to see if i can temp her, bright clear eyes, nice red comb, also wonder if she lonley as she is on her own due to losing her friend

redjane11

worming
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 23:32 »
Thinking about this worming lark. my chicken seems to have lost weight and isn't eating much that i can see, but she is free range so hard to tell so could this be another sign of worms? I havent seen any in the droppings but they are a little lose.  Sorry to be a pain

redjane11

worming
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:38 »
Me again. when the worming stuff comes can i cut a grape in half and dip it in the wormer? don't want to put in feed as wont be able to see if its been eaten,  prob sounds daft, any help please

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
worming
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 10:45 »
Quote from: "redjane11"
Thinking about this worming lark. my chicken seems to have lost weight and isn't eating much that i can see, but she is free range so hard to tell so could this be another sign of worms? I havent seen any in the droppings but they are a little lose.  Sorry to be a pain

I'd keep her in for a couple of days to keep an eye on her and make sure she is eating the right things.

Quote from: "redjane11"
Me again. when the worming stuff comes can i cut a grape in half and dip it in the wormer? don't want to put in feed as wont be able to see if its been eaten,  prob sounds daft, any help please

That's what I do  :D

redjane11

worming
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 10:48 »
Just been out and made her up a mix of oats, wild bird seed, with grit she is going mad on it, wondering if she is bored with her normal food of pellets and cant remember if its wheat or oats(think weat) rounded ends,  hope this is ok to give her as i just thought it may get her in the mod for eating

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
worming
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 10:53 »
Try to keep the mixed grains for the afternoon and encourage her to eat the pellets in the morning.  She's obviously not lost her apatite and will try to wrap you around her little clawed toe if she thinks she can get away with it  :roll:

si-mate

• Experienced Member
worming
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 11:44 »
Easiest way to tell wheat apart is that it looks like a builders bum.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
worming
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 12:13 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

redjane11

worming
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 22:26 »
well she been eating well today, went out to the pen to give her some salad bits but she had gone for a walk in the field, called her and she came charging back round the corner which she not done for a while, looks as if she been eating her normal food as well, but definetely been eating her goodies from this morn so hopefully she picking up again, she even talking to herself, OH is in the process of making a new hen house which will be completely raised off the ground and easier to clean etc, also going to get her 2 new friends once its done, think she may be lonley since the other hen disapeared

xx
worming

Started by chicklady on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 15, 2011, 18:12
by chicklady
xx
Worming

Started by Bantymad on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post August 31, 2010, 06:40
by Bantymad
xx
Worming

Started by grenhouse on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 09:05
by grenhouse
xx
worming

Started by lilchic34 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 12, 2011, 15:45
by sneezer

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 34 queries.