men's pee

• 23 Replies

Mrs.Veg

men's pee
« on: February 05, 2007, 14:47 »
Is it true that if hubby pees round perimeter of hen run, it'll deter foxes? (not to mention the neigbours :lol: )  Good job the nearest one is a mile away!

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
men's pee
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 16:35 »
its been suggested that it works, not tried it myself though,

apparently lion dung is a good deterent as well, though probably not as good as a live lion would be... :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

purplebat

men's pee
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 16:56 »
any idea where i can get one?  :lol:
If Life gives you lemons, - Make Lemonade

muntjac

men's pee
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 20:37 »
the fox pee theory is rubbish , only a bullet deters foxes
and i have the suffoklk safari park on my doorstep here . i hear the lions roaring . foxes still roam free lol ,,i can send ya some lion pee if ya want some ? lol
still alive /............

Mrs.Veg

men's pee
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 20:39 »
I thought it was lion poo that worked, not pee?  Oh well, shove some in a jiffy bag, i'll give it a go! :lol:

muntjac

men's pee
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 20:46 »
sorry that tiger beer pee  :lol:

Des C

men's pee
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 09:48 »
The pee thing will work if you want a vixen to move if she is dug in near your place. Come to think of it, any disturbance of an earth where she has cubs will usually shift her. The problem with using these deterrents to protect a run is that foxes and rats are relatively intelligent and will gradually learn that there is no risk.

Pest control is an ongoing part of any activity where food is stored which will in turn attract vermin. Snares are good if you can see where the fox is getting in (is this legal across the water?). The only problem is that you then have to dispatch him. Not a problem for me but for a sworn veggiee....

muntjac

men's pee
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 11:29 »
yeh snares are legal self locking hold em ones only . we have to shoot them then  :? the pee dont werk on our foxes here in suffolk lol must an irish water thing that werks with urs mate lolo

Des C

men's pee
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 13:29 »
Before we moved closer to town, I spent a lot of time ferreting and doing a bit of terrier work near Lough Neagh. Our foxes were well nervous as they were usually shot on sight. Some farmers didn't like digging so i was given the old tip about peeing around the earth. It seemed to work!!
Urban foxes might be a different beast altogether.
I also use ferret droppings and old bedding to keep rats off the compost heap. I haven't seen one in three years. I have kept a live catch trap in the garden without results. Maybe I'm just losing my touch!!

Des C

muntjac

men's pee
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 13:35 »
game keeping as i do n controlling the foxes ,i gues its the guiness mate lolo

Des C

men's pee
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 13:37 »
Poteen, my friend. Guinness is for beginners!

muntjac

men's pee
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 13:39 »
now ya talking ,, that is some goood dribble lolo :wink:

Des C

men's pee
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 14:07 »
Great for all ailments internal and external. Used as a linament for horses, dogs cattle, pigs and people for centuries. I'll get a bottle over to you some day soon.

Des C

muntjac

men's pee
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 14:09 »
ty mind  i dont think they allow suspect liquids thru lol ,.probably have me under house arrest for illegal contraband lmao :lol:

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
men's pee
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 17:06 »
isnt it strange how whenever the subject of peeing on things is raised, we end up with a really long discussion, popular subject! :D

im with muntjak only really effective detterent is a lead slug. Used to be able to get special airgun pellets for shooting cats years ago as well, i had a box of 'catslugs' once,  also had an oil and greese free co2 powered airgun that fired the silver edible balls used to decorate cakes. It was intended for pest control inside food preperation areas :shock:

rather than deterence, perhaps defence is the better option. A good fence, anti-dig measures etc, ive yet to see a fox that can use wirecutters :?

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 32 queries.