Poultry and Pets > Pets without Feathers

Pixie Passed Today

(1/3) > >>

John:
Yesterday little Pixie was not good and pretty miserable, so booked her in for a last visit to the vet today. Hardly slept, churning and wondering if I was doing the right thing. Well she perked up today and ate well - after a dose of painkiller. Then she sat hunched up and seemed uncomfortable and down.

Anyway, after a lot of soul searching kept the appointment. Sometimes, the worst times, are when things aren't clear cut. My head tells me I did the right thing but my heart isn't so sure.

The photo was taken yesterday on the futon/sofa in the office behind me.

Plot 1 Problems:
So sorry to hear it John, especially so soon to Rufus's passing. All the best to you and Val.

jaydig:
So sorry for your loss, John.  I'm sure that you made the right decision, but I know from past experience that we always doubt ourselves when the time comes to decide.  We all know our pets, and we do truly know when they have had enough and that to try to keep them longer will only cause suffering, but it's heartbreaking even so. We care for them for their entire lives and the most loving act we can provide is to ensure that they don't suffer needlessly.  You will miss her dreadfully and never forget her, but she would have had the best life with you both and further down the line you will be able to think of her and the things she used to do and smile. A big hug from me. x

Subversive_plot:
I'm so sorry John.

You did make the right decision. I can't improve on what others have said so well.

Aunt Sally:
A sad loss, John.  But you’ve given Pixie a happy life and should be proud of that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version