Allergy.

• 3 Replies

kimT

• http://www.thepoultrygarden.com
Allergy.
« on: December 19, 2008, 23:12 »
I have recently found out that I have an allergy to some ingredients in animal feeds and as my girls are fed mash I thought I better think about changing them over to pellets as this will lesson the problem for me i.e. the dust factor.

Would anyone have any experience of changing their chook from one feed to another and how long the change did over take?

Many thanks

Kentish Karl

Allergy.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:32 »
Not had to do it myself, but when changing suppliers for my mash, I introduced the new mash slowly by gradually increasing the ratios. Probably best to use pellet's from the same manufacturor in the first instance.

Foxy

Allergy.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 21:47 »
Hi Kim, is too personal to enquire which products you are allergic too? :D
I am having allergy testing soon after suffering 2 analphalactic attacks recently I hadn't thought to mention chicken feed :shock:

kimT

• http://www.thepoultrygarden.com
Allergy.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 09:18 »
Foxy I can tell you its not very comfortable on your back and all you want to do is scrat! I had 87 tests on my back from Friday til the Monday and when the plasters were removed I looked like a dot to dot book and my back was and still is very sore!

I wish you all the best with your test and hope they find the cause of your problems. Unfortunately I have huge allergies to lots of things including nickel and flavouring that are used in cleaning materials e.g. lemon scented bleach etc.

Thank God I don't have any allergies to food and wine!!!!
 :lol:

xx
Chicken allergy

Started by rdaitch on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 10, 2008, 10:56
by rdaitch
xx
Sneezing Hen - An Allergy Maybe?

Started by peachesandclive on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 03, 2009, 12:32
by Foxy

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 35 queries.