Male or female who takes what role on the plot

• 54 Replies

starry

Re: Male or female who takes what role on the plot
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 11:55 »
We find it is best not to work together at the plot or the garden as there are rows, which sometimes needs apology flowers being bought, ....the occasion rant at me

Do you live with an Italian as well Mrs Bee? Mine can go from nought to shouty in 0.6 seconds :D
Oooo is that what it is? my beloved is part Italian ( he has very fiery temper  :mad: tans easy too which is very annoying)
some people are like slinkys......they're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face as you push them down the stairs!!

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 13:10 »
We find it is best not to work together at the plot or the garden as there are rows, which sometimes needs apology flowers being bought, ....the occasion rant at me

Do you live with an Italian as well Mrs Bee? Mine can go from nought to shouty in 0.6 seconds :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

azubah

• www.Godsaves.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 18:56 »
We have a plot each. That reduces the arguments, however he lets the weeds grow through the netting and I get the job of sorting that out at the end of the season or it would get ripped to shreds and last only one season. I am in charge of crop rotation on both plots.

LilacSandy

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 19:56 »
I do most everything. My husband helps when forced - he helped clear the rubbish into a skip and onto bonfire at the weekend but then left me to it once the digging got started. I don't mind - I love it  :) :)

For me it's a way to relax. I don't think I'd like him interferring too much  :nowink:

Exactly the same for me, I would hate it if he wanted to come with me, its my little haven.

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 20:24 »
Me too - have give mine jobs to do otherwise I need to send him home unless of course there is something big or heavy to do :lol:  life would be so much harder without him  :blush:
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 20:54 »
As my youngest (age 4) says:  Mummy is the thinker, Daddy is the worker  :D
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2013, 21:12 »
I share a plot with two friends - we are all Mum's and met at our childrens school.  We share the work between us.  We've found that we all have our special talents!  I am truly hopeless at digging - though much better such getting my fav new tool, an azada.  But I am able to grow things from seed and nuture them along.  One friend is a human digging machine and LOVES it! The other is a stay at home mum so can devote more time and do a bit of everything. 
Having said that my dear OH, who has absolutely no interest in growing, or indeed vegetables in general, loves building things.  He has constructed our shed from a salvaged one that everyone else wrote off, has built us the most sturdy 'munty' bean frame all from salvaged timber and compost bins from pallets.  He also keeps us supplied with pallets, scaffolding planks, wood that he goes out and finds 'in various locations' (he won't divulge where exactly!) on a Sunday morning.  :wub:

Sweetpea C

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2013, 08:14 »
As my youngest (age 4) says:  Mummy is the thinker, Daddy is the worker  :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: mine (age 8 & 9) have decided that I am the boss of the house so they come to me for important decisions (like - can we watch the tv?!)... poor OH - but, it probably is true!
My husband's a water sign, I'm an earth sign, together we make mud :-)

My gardening diary is here - go on, have a peek , you might be able to help me!
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101101.0

Comments most welcome here please
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101102.msg

scattygirl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2013, 10:18 »
What is it with these husbands that come and tell us what to do when they clearly don't have a clue  ::) :lol: :lol:  I'm always getting "you need to do .......... " and when I protest that it's actually not the case I get " I'm telling you ......... you NEED to do  ........... "

No, it's my little haven and I do ask him to come down there sometimes just to get him away from the tv, but usually end up thinking that I should have just gone on my own  ::)

Ema

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2013, 10:46 »
I do everything and my boyfriend gives me a hand when he can but I save up 2 person jobs like putting up the bean frame to save me from looking like a numpty or worse one of the old timers offering a hand but insisting I do it there way!

I certainly can't dig for as long as he can but ill give it a good go!

xx
F1 F2 Hybrid Male Female...

Started by barney rubble on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 03, 2009, 09:35
by barney rubble
xx
male and female cucs.

Started by I Love Spuds on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post April 11, 2017, 23:19
by gobs
xx
onions- male or female?

Started by Oliveview on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 06, 2008, 10:18
by DD.
xx
Cucumbers male or female?

Started by nilsatis1964 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 20:40
by DD.

Page created in 0.389 seconds with 40 queries.