New to all this!

• 7 Replies

henpecked

New to all this!
« on: March 21, 2008, 18:32 »
Hello! I've just introduced myself over on the newbie's forum, I've just taken on my first allotment on which I intend to keep chickens.

Currently they have a 12 foot draught-proof palace (i'm consulting with poultrygeist, who kindly welcomed me to the forums, over carpets and courtains  :wink:  ). I'm equipped with chicken wire and fence-posts to build a fence, and have 4 chooks waiting for me to collect them. I've manage to salvage loads of bits and bobs, the posts, wire, pallets and wooden boxes so set up costs have been nil so far.

It would be great if you guys could advise on the bits and bobs I now need to buy or what else I can use to make things.

p.s. I've been lurking here for a few days, it's a great forum!

Jules  :D

Jellyhead

New to all this!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 18:54 »
....especially if you're a bit wacko :shock: ...well I could be speaking of myself of course tho there are a few others I could mention :roll: but won't 8) Its a fab forum and you really will get all the help and advice you need :wink:  and all trouble free SO LONG AS YOU POST PICCIES :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Foxy

New to all this!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 19:12 »
welcome to the henhouse henpecked!! :lol:  :lol:
What sort of chooks are you getting? Oh be warned we are a very nosy bunch!! :wink:

alibean

• Experienced Member
New to all this!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 19:25 »
Hello Henpecked

I'm a newbie too and we certainly are made very welcome on here.  I'm getting my girls this Sunday (VVV excited) .  Would advise a small outlay for a couple of feeders and water dispensers and a thing for grit.  I went on Ascott dot com and they delivered very quickly  but there are lots of other websites selling chicken accessories - I'm sure other people on here will recommend you in various directions - good luck!

Viv

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.oldmotherhubbardsgarden.blogspot.com
New to all this!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:10 »
Hello and welcome, this site is adictive, you will meet loads of really nice people. :)  :)
Happiest in the countryside.
Breathe deeply, and let the butterflies fly in formation!

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
New to all this!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 11:46 »
Welcome henpecked...hope your name doesn't reflect your life! Well maybe we're all a little henpecked as we let our birds walk all over us!  :roll: You'll love the forum, lots of laughs as well as good advice from people with lots of experience! As others have said, do post piccies and let us know how you get on!

Good luck!

Judi :wink:

hazelize_uk

New to all this!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 21:37 »
Hi Henpecked! We are also newbies and have had our girls just over 2 weeks.  We have managed to pretty much get away without having to buy anything towards the actual housing, using pallets etc.  The feeders are also made out of off cuts of square guttering attached to the side of the run, low enough to reach but too high to walk in!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
New to all this!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 23:11 »
Hi henpecked

Welcome to the forums  :D

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 33 queries.