New Greenhouse layout

• 2 Replies

Ema

New Greenhouse layout
« on: April 23, 2020, 15:21 »
Hi All

I'm the proud owner of a free lean to greenhouse which we are hopping to put up this weekend. Its approx 4 x 8 ft. I'm struggling to visualise how to lay out the plants in pots to make the most of the space. We have enough spare cedar from another project so make a full length bench which will have to go across the front as the door is at the back.

I dont mind carefully squeezing by plants but I want to make sure they have sufficient air flow as I tend to get blight on toms outside.

I am hoping to grow tomatoes, chillies, sweet peppers and aubergines in it this year. I have the following seedlings with the height and width in brackets for the final plants.
San Marzano II Toms (200x50)
Sweet Baby Toms (200x50)
Aubergine Czech early (75x60)
Sweet Pepper Etuida (75x45)
Chilli Seranno (unknown)
Chilli Jalapeno (60x45)

Any advise would be really appreciated

TonyB.

• Experienced Member
Re: New Greenhouse layout
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 18:18 »
I can't directly help with your question, but some things you should consider:

Carrot seeds that can be sown in Jan under cloches - sow in containers in greenhouse. The containers can come out of greenhouse when "proper" greenhouse stuff is due to go in.

Ditto Raddish, Spring onion, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower. all can get a head start his way.

gordino

Re: New Greenhouse layout
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 23:27 »
Ive turned my greenhouse into a pit greenhouse, it keeps it cool in summer and warm in winter.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 41 queries.