• 18 Replies

shaun

feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

rmd

Is it worth building your own shed??
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 08:46 »
We've got some of those concrete panel garages at work (I work at a cemetery).  Some scumbags wanted to get in so they just smashed the concrete and stuck crowbars between the panels to sprise them off.  We've replaced the damaged parts with block walls.  Nowt's safe from the scumbags.

philskin

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 19:29 »
Hello everyone, can I just add my experience? I purchased an old shed for £10 off the family of a deceased neighbour, dismantled it and put it up again on a concrete base.  The shed was 8 ft by 10 ft but the thing leaked like a sieve.  So when I finally got the chance, I took the roof back off and replaced it with perspex sheets, then I got some roofing felt and was going to felt the sides, when I got the idea of using the roof to make a tool store.  This was added onto the end and that floor concreted ,then I used the roofing felt to cover the 2 exposed sides.  I've now ended up with a menagerie thats half greenhouse and half shed but its fantastic for starting my seedlings off.  One sheet of perspex I had left rolls over in a half round shape on the bench and it seems 95% of my seeds germinate, lucky or what?  Anyway, cost-wise I've spent about £150 so there are good buys out there for people who are handy with hammers, etc.   Sorry to go on, I've never done this before.  Thanks for reading, Philskin.  PS.  If you want to see pics I would be more than happy to post them if I can work out how to!!
If the early bird gets the worm how come the 2nd mouse to the trap gets the cheese ??

David.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 20:05 »
Quote from: "philskin"
So when I finally got the chance, I took the roof back off and replaced it with perspex sheets

I was lucky enough to get my last plot complete with a triple bay pig sty - sheds and runs, in terrible state, which will have two thirds of the roof overclad with 2nd hand corrugated iron I have been given and the sides covered with shiplap pallet boards. The end 3rd is being turned into an integral greenhouse using some plastic sheeting left on the plot and I should have enough corrugated iron to make a canopy to shelter under when raining. All the structural timbers will come from the 250m of roof timbers I got from a skip from a house having a roof conversion. Just some preservative and a few nails to buy (I don't bother saving the ones out the fireplace from our pallet kindling as they get a bit bendy).

xx
Passive Greenhouse- worth building?

Started by Kevin S on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post December 31, 2010, 23:32
by Paul Plots
xx
building a shed

Started by gardenermatt on Design and Construction

26 Replies
Last post May 15, 2012, 15:12
by angelavdavis
xx
building a shed or shelter.

Started by greenfingered on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post April 26, 2007, 16:00
by Aunt Sally
lamp
Building a shed from scratch - using pallets mostly.

Started by Urban Farmer on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post July 26, 2015, 19:46
by Urbanite

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 39 queries.