Significant personal event

• 8 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Significant personal event
« on: November 07, 2023, 13:29 »
 :D Put the winter-weight duvet on last night; normally not used until December. What a great night's sleep! 10pm until 7am this morning

GraciesGran

Re: Significant personal event
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 15:17 »
We've got a blanket on top of the 3.5 summer weight duvet which is ensuring a decent night's sleep.  Have got a 7 tog for the cold weather, we tried a heavier duvet some years back and ended up changing the bed in the early hours as it was too hot.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 15:50 »
I must have a significant personal event, because at present I have 4 blankets on my bed, and my snuggly dressing gown on top  !!  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 16:40 »
I now have 2 wool blankets and a quilt (not a duvet) on top of that  ::)

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 17:29 »
I now have 2 wool blankets and a quilt (not a duvet) on top of that  ::)

at present I have 4 blankets on my bed, and my snuggly dressing gown on top  !! 

I have no idea how people sleep with multiple layers. I've put a blanket on the last few nights and within an hour of me thrashing about (AKA sleeping) it's scrunched itself into a ball and jumped off the bed, whilst the duvet under it has turned itself 45 degrees and rolled itself down half of the length of the duvet cover.  :mad:

I'm still on the summer duvet, I thought last year I'd purchased a winter one but they all feel on the thin side.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 08:56 »
I've got my all year round goose down duvet, but have one of those furry throws covering the bottom half on which one of my cats sleeps. Apart from the central heating which kicks in at 21 C my only concession is a sleeveless fine wool top that I put on over my sweatshirt.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2023, 11:29 »
I have a problem with the cold temperatures.  I don't mind them!  I'm still in shorts and a thin summer shirt whereas the Memsahib keeps going behind the door to turn the heating up.
At night I am overwarm, if that is a word, sometimes have to get up in the night (other than to urinate) and walk about even to going outside to cool down!

That is excepy for my toes which are like blocks of ice 12 months of the year.  I have a heated pet pad fixed to the matress with a switch fixed to the bed frame!

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

MrsPea

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 17:03 »
 I changed mine a few days ago to a winter duvet as were north facing, much cosier now  :D
I Love my green house

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 17:15 »
It's come to the track suit time, with Lily demanding to be let out, (the dog, not Mrs Growster), at around 5.00am!

So there we are, track-suited, with another fleece for safe-keeping, socks and a pair of slip-on shoes just in case I have to venture forth!

And it's soooo dark about then...

xx
Personal Messages

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post May 21, 2019, 13:05
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 45 queries.