Where's it gone??

• 4 Replies

Goosegirl

Where's it gone??
« on: November 01, 2023, 09:10 »
Is it me or is my home haunted by a rotten poltergeist? I can't believe how much stuff has disappeared from its appointed place. Ok, the other day I lost my previous pair of glasses despite scouring most of the rooms etc. Eventually found them under some polishing cloths on the kitchen table. I looked there before but inadvertently picked them up with the cloths. I'm able to find any piece of important paperwork as they are filed according to their place in a designated file. Looked for a copy of our LPAs and, yup, or rather nope. A dear chap is coming to put some pictures so I thought I'd get him to do the coat hooks. Found the wood thingy they screw into but - no box with the accompanying screws and coat hooks so, in a tantrum, I ordered another one. I knew I had some pics of my dear husband when he received a bronze medal in an international muzzle-loading competition many years ago. By now I'd had just about enough! I scoured all the pic folders in my pc - nope. Found them in documents - der, er, whaaaaat? Lost my mobile phone charger which I never unplug (see another post). Don't use it often but that's not the point. Found a white wire with two flat ends (no, I did not stand on them) but where's the sopping plug?? Nowhere, so ordered another one thanks to a forum member who gave me the right specs for my Oppo phone, or I hope she did as I haven't unpacked it to try it out yet due to me bracing myself for the next competition round.  :ohmy: 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

Re: Where's it gone??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 12:29 »
It's a clock-changing issue!

Around this time of year, we all spend ages looking for stuff which is normally associated with winter, and as these items have had six months to get lost, it's not surprising that they're nowhere to be found!

I can't find a lovely wooden bowl we use for walnuts and brazils! I know it's somewhere, but I just can't lay my hands on it yet - maybe never will!

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 08:42 »
Sorry Growster, this happens all year round.  :wacko:

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 12:40 »
Sorry Growster, this happens all year round.  :wacko:

So that means you go through a Summer clock-change as well!

That's when you can't find any shorts, the seeds are nearly out of date and you can't decide whether to buy more coal or wait until the end of Summer when it's supposed to be cheaper, (but isn't really - as Mum pointed out a few years ago, it's just existing stock they want to raise the Winter price on)...

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 08:28 »
Just an update from me. Found the coat hook box in the garage with various paint pot samples but the sample I wanted has vanished. I can find all the others we got - PAH!

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 40 queries.