Hoe sharpening

• 66 Replies

shaun

Hoe sharpening
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2007, 22:11 »
you should get hold of a 16oz estwing and stroke it mate ,then you will know what we are onabout  :wink:  :lol:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

muntjac

Hoe sharpening
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2007, 22:12 »
not on ur life mate ......  :lol:
still alive /............

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
Hoe sharpening
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2007, 23:47 »
Quote from: "shaun"
yes there american tinbasher they have been around for years though,there not cheap but they are the best.

I've only ever seen the clawhammer though by Estwing, never any other shape.  An ex-girlfriend of mine has/did have an Estwing axe.  Really nice.  Try as I might, it's the one thing I couldn't coax out of her.......... :oops:

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
Hoe sharpening
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2007, 23:51 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"

Boats.  I suppose there's loads of types of those too.  You can never have enough tools though.  The 12 oz standard ball-pein hammer is a classic.  You'll go a long way with one of those.

Thats my general all round hammer I've broke two ash handles in 20 yrs but still keep the head it's an old friend, now it's stopped hitting my fingers  :lol:[/quote]

Spot on.  I bet I've broken 2 ash shafts in about 20 years and always kept the head.  Perfect weight.  And as well, all the new ones now seem metric.  Twelve ounce hammers are probably now illegal.  I'm not handing mine in, amnesty or not.

muntjac

Hoe sharpening
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2007, 23:52 »
Quote from: "Tinbasher"
yes there american tinbasher they have been around for years though,there not cheap but they are the best.

I've only ever seen the clawhammer though by Estwing, never any other shape.  An ex-girlfriend of mine has/did have an Estwing axe.  Really nice.  Try as I might, it's the one thing I couldn't coax out of her.......... :oops:

" do you want a kiss n cudle honey ?.......... " nah ya only after me hammer " :roll:  :roll:

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
Hoe sharpening
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2007, 23:58 »
you should get hold of a 16oz estwing and stroke it mate ,then you will know what we are onabout  :wink:  :lol:

Lmao.  Some are getting excited and some getting stressed about hammers.  But different strokes for different folks as they say. Important tool though, been around for ages.  Pictures of them in the Bible.

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
Hoe sharpening
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2007, 00:02 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
Quote from: "Tinbasher"

" do you want a kiss n cudle honey ?.......... " nah ya only after me hammer " :roll:  :roll:

Axe it was.  And an Estwing one.  It probably did go somewhere along the lines you've suggested a few times.  'No, you're only after my Estwing' would sound better, I could handle the rejection more....

xx
Sharpening Stone.

Started by Minty on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post March 23, 2009, 00:33
by Paul Plots
xx
chain saw sharpening

Started by ihusker on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post April 22, 2007, 02:06
by leeky
xx
Tool Sharpening

Started by chrisb1357 on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post May 11, 2009, 06:46
by celjaci
xx
Sharpening widgets

Started by gremlin on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post June 27, 2013, 17:00
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 38 queries.