Morrisons cut and come salad

• 20 Replies

Growing4mykids

• Many a mickle makes a muckle
Re: Morrisons cut and come salad
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 12:22 »
Shall be giving this a whirl, and the OH works for tesco (even though i can't stand the places, they pay a wage!!!)
It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how i keep from going under......

Auntiemogs

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 12:29 »
Shall be giving this a whirl, and the OH works for tesco (even though i can't stand the places, they pay a wage!!!)
Ooh, only 90p then!  :lol:  My son used to work for Tesco - 'nuff said.  ::)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Paul Plots

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 12:37 »
Growing lettuce from seed is definitely the cheaper option.... hundreds and hundreds of plants from one pack of mixed lettuce seeds.

The trick seems to be to keep the seed tray cool and perhaps in the shade or get them germinated before it hots up.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 12:51 »
Growing lettuce from seed is definitely the cheaper option.... hundreds and hundreds of plants from one pack of mixed lettuce seeds.

The trick seems to be to keep the seed tray cool and perhaps in the shade or get them germinated before it hots up.

I got 2000 seeds for 99p thats a fair amount and germination rate has been 100% so far. I keep my trays in the shade and then plant under net tunnels all good so far.

Nobbie

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 14:34 »
I've done this for the last two years with Lidl baby leaf living salad for 99p. First lot were split up into about 16 bits and went in the greenhouse and is still going strong. Second lot was planted outside about three weeks ago straight from the shop and is looking very healthy. I usually forget to sow stuff, so this is a really useful way of catching up :)

Paul Plots

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 12:14 »
I've done this for the last two years with Lidl baby leaf living salad for 99p. First lot were split up into about 16 bits and went in the greenhouse and is still going strong. Second lot was planted outside about three weeks ago straight from the shop and is looking very healthy. I usually forget to sow stuff, so this is a really useful way of catching up :)

Me too this year.... lack of time called for other methods. After all I had to go shopping so a quick fix helped out... and filled a hole.

xx
Morrisons

Started by kingdhesiii on Grow Your Own

46 Replies
Last post January 24, 2010, 19:24
by Paul Plots
xx
Richmoor Compost from MOrrisons

Started by brokenglass on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post August 30, 2021, 11:17
by Goosegirl
xx
Morrisons compost bags?

Started by casper on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 29, 2012, 14:35
by casper
xx
Morrisons apple trees - bargin?

Started by ross003ross on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2008, 22:23
by ross003ross

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 39 queries.