So sorry Aunt Sally ......

• 28 Replies

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 16:39 »
Thanks for your kind thoughts Mark.   Elvis... what a fantastic name for a cockerel  :D

Bagpuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 07:34 »
So sorry about Gertrude too, but she was luckey to have had you was an owner. :cry:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Fannyann

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 18:09 »
Aunt Sally,

please don't take offence but do you think Gerty's demise could have had anything to do with the frog swallowing a while back?

dakota

Auny sally's loss
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 19:01 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"
What a sad story slowef  :cry:  Have you felt able be get some more cats yet  :?:

Here's me chuffed about my first egg,and you've just lost a wonderful pet and friend,I really feel for you,    SO SORRY.

Best wishes Edward

agapanthus

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 20:21 »
Only just spotted this Aunt Sally.....I am so sorry, I know exactly how you feel. My Gertie was buried on my lottie last year...so, so sad.  :cry:  :cry:

Foxy

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 22:11 »
So sorry to hear about Gerty I know she had a wonderful life. I am sure there is another lovely hen just waiting to be adopted by you.............

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 22:35 »
Life is all about balance Edward.  Sadness at losing a loved pet in no way stops us celebrating your chooks first egg.  It's a very special event  :D

Gardening Mark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 13:11 »
Hi Sally, I like the look of Emily what breed is she??? Have you never thought of raising some chicks? This is the first sucessfull year for me and I now have 15 chicks of different breeds and they are absolutley beautifull. I can spend over an hour at a time just watching the little things running around doing what they do. I like them soo much I got rid of all my big hens, except my 3 white sussex bantams and my cockerel Elvis. I'm gonna breed them every year mix and match and see what I get, but this years have been great. I will get pics up soon of them all individually. A quick question too if you dont mind... If I have a chick with blue legs will her eggs be blue? the same for a chick that has green legs? As I know that chickens use calcium from their legs to make the shell. That came from the link you put up for me once to read, when I thought that the old guy was right about how chickens make eggs, you remember??? Is Emily laying for you yet??? If not I bet thats what your waiting for, her first ever egg! Bye Sally :)

purplebat

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 13:26 »
Just wanted to add my sympathies Aunt Sally; I did notice a while back that you'd added the RIP but couldn't find any post explaining what happened so I thought you wanted to do it that way, just wanted to let you know it wasn't that I didn't notice or didn't care; Gertrude was as wll known on here as you are  :lol:  
When I got my chooks, I didn't name them 'cos I "wasn't going to get attached" but as you know I din't have a good start and the tears I've shed over them, I think you can safely say I am most definitely attached! good luck with introducing a new girl  :D
If Life gives you lemons, - Make Lemonade

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 15:40 »
Thanks Mark and PB.  It just goes to show how attached we can all get to a chicken.  I've not ever wanted to hatch chicks for a couple of reasons Mark.  I just do not have the space  :!:  and I do like to know that the birds I have are fully vaccinated.  As they are pets and silly old Aunty (and Worzel) get very attached to them I would not like to take the risk of not vaccinating  :!:

Gertrude was such a tremendous character I don't think she will ever be replaced !  Emily is settling in well.  Hattie doesn't chase her arround too much now when they are in the garden but I still have to keep them separated in their run and roost.    

I've taken pictures of how I've organized it which I will post in due course  :D

Gardening Mark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 16:22 »
Hi again Aunt Sal. Vaccinated against salmonella? How much does it cost per bird to be vaccinated against this? Or do you need vaccination for a few different things? If so how much are we looking at for each bird? As I would like them all to be treated but doubt I can afford it. What are the risks if they arent? Cheers Sally and bye for now........... :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 18:54 »
The birds I get have all been vaccinated against:

Mareks Disease
Salmonella
Coccidiosis
Infectious Bursal Disease
Infectious Bronchitis
Newcastle Disease
Turkey Rhino - Tracheitis
Avian Encephalomyelitis

It is not possible for home breeders to vaccinate their chicks as it can only be done on a large scale.   The risk however to back yard flocks to most of these is reasonably small  :D

Gardening Mark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 01:25 »
Cheers Sally :D

Viv

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.oldmotherhubbardsgarden.blogspot.com
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2007, 13:06 »
I have just picked up this thread, my condolences Aunt Sally, they are real little characters and it is sad when you lose one. Gerty had an excellent life, she will now be running round chicken heaven, at least it will be dry there.
Happiest in the countryside.
Breathe deeply, and let the butterflies fly in formation!

xx
Aunt Sally

Started by Yolky on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 29, 2008, 12:06
by Yolky
xx
aunt sally's mash

Started by Selkie on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post November 04, 2007, 19:29
by Aunt Sally
xx
Aunt Sally's poo pictures

Started by janeheritage on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 14, 2009, 23:13
by wildwitchy
xx
Question for aunt sally

Started by chelle on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 27, 2007, 08:19
by Bagpuss

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 37 queries.