Plants on go-slow

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Plants on go-slow
« on: May 26, 2018, 10:53 »
All is now safely in the ground and pots (almost),  and have been for a couple of weeks.   But the weather has been fairly kind, some sunshine and rain, warmish during the day, a bit chilly at night.  So what have I done wrong - nothing has grown at all and I don't remember this being so in previous years.
Is anybody else experiencing the same thing ?  or as I get older am I getting impatient  :lol:  Regards Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jaydig

Re: Plants on go-slow
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 14:46 »
A lot of us on our allotment site are suffering from the same, Mrs B, so I don't think it's just you.  A few of my carrots have finally appeared, but are just sitting there and not growing on.  The parsnips are still a complete no-show.  Beetroot seems very reluctant, and radishes are taking for ever to start to bulk up.  Runner beans are, however growing away nicely, and cabbages and sprouts are flourishing although the caulis and broccoli seem to be static.
I dare say it will all sort itself out as the season goes on.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 16:02 »
Some of my stuff is slow to grow too, although I noticed this morning that the courgettes are really taking off now and the first flowers have appeared on my PT toms :D

ghost61

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 05:41 »
Sweet corn - 4 out of 50 germinated.  New batch down and zero germinated.  600 peas sown twice now, also a no show - covered up so not mice or birds.  Tomatoes rubbish.  Going to live off onions, potatoes and courgettes, assuming they produce something!  Disastrous year, thankfully the freezers are bursting from last year!

Plot94

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 14:13 »
Weeded the carrot bed on Sunday and was beginning to despair as they were only about 5mm high (sown in March), however went to the plot last night and after the rain over the past couple of days was stunned to see the amount of growth on them and everything else. I can see more weeding and grass cutting in my immediate future  :lol:

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 15:02 »
Very variable here too. Courgette plants in the ground seem to have forgotten there are there to put on more leaves and develop flowers  :(
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 12:40 »
Some of my plants were washed out of the ground after the bad storms and rain.  I have popped most back in, so they've got 2 chances.
I got up early today, and planted the rest of the bedding, so my pots and tubs now number only about 25 !!!
Its quite hot today, and the forecast for this week is good, so perhaps, they'll all wake up and shape up. Mrs Bouquet

xx
Slow growth on plants.

Started by Goosegirl on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post June 13, 2023, 08:32
by Goosegirl
xx
What flowering plants or garden plants do you dislike?

Started by Oliveview on General Gardening

13 Replies
Last post May 03, 2008, 00:23
by Kiwi
xx
Slow geraniums...

Started by Growster... on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post August 30, 2021, 11:21
by Goosegirl
xx
very slow magnolia

Started by jessicats mam on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post May 28, 2012, 18:42
by jessicats mam

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 45 queries.