Winter festival preparations

• 81 Replies

hamstergbert

Re: Winter festival preparations
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2015, 18:30 »
if it all gets a bit too much, pop down to this German supermarket to cheer yourselves up!

beep beep beep

well. it cheered me up!
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2015, 07:43 »
well. it cheered me up!

Me too  :D  Really clever.

I've added the filling for homemade pork pie to my prep list and am planning a lightening raid into town to buy a few pressies one morning next week.  I'm aiming to be in there as the shops open with a list and a plan of action and back out again as quickly as possible.

The rest - well I am working a fair bit up to and over Christmas, so I'll get some nice food in to last us the main couple of days and then wing it from there.  I want a relaxed time on the days off I do have  :)

chrissie B

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2015, 18:27 »
I think food traditions are good and need to be kept , all the Christmas cake and puddings were designed to keep for ages and i for onewill keep making them even if i have to eat them all myself , .
So lads and lasses keep on creating your own Christmas your way .
Beekissed i have an old american cook book full of cream pie recipes with all types of crusts and an other one with bbq and party
type food
Chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2015, 12:02 »
Awww, lovely.

Am counting down to starting the Norwegian Christmas biscuits. I think I am going for 7 or 8 kinds this year, so that means 2 solid days of baking. And probably burned fingertips!  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2015, 12:52 »
The last batch of mincepies is cooling now, then on to marzipanning the cake  ;)

Mrs Bee

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2015, 15:53 »
Dried out the biscotti, iced the cake, finished the remaining liqueurs, vanilla ice cream, and raspberry ice cream terrines Slimming world style and about to cover the raspberry truffles with dark chocolate and knock up a couple of Swiss rolls for trifle.

Dutch Christmas rings, and stollen to do tomorrow.

Nearly there. :D

snowdrops

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2015, 17:32 »
Dried out the biscotti, iced the cake, finished the remaining liqueurs, vanilla ice cream, and raspberry ice cream terrines Slimming world style and about to cover the raspberry truffles with dark chocolate and knock up a couple of Swiss rolls for trifle.

Dutch Christmas rings, and stollen to do tomorrow.

Nearly there. :D

Who eats it all Mrs Bee?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Mrs Bee

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2015, 19:44 »
There will be at least 10 of us. A lot of it is in the freezer so we can take it out over the holiday  as special treats and I will not have to cook for a while, so I can do Christmas craft work and watch lots of telly without having to stop and cook.

It doesn't all get eaten in one sitting. Treats are in the freezer to be brought out when the doorbell rings and Mr Bees ex colleague visit. It means I don't have to rush round cooking for everyone all the time. It keeps the legend of Mrs Bee being super woman, going.  :D

The Dutch Christmas ring is our breakfast with a good strong cup of coffee. A tradition.

Some of the mince pies are orders, some are presents.

Some of the biscotti are for the neighbours instead of Christmas cards. Don't do Christmas cards, apart from making and selling them.

Biscotti go in the hampers for friends and some go in the little Christmas baskets on the Christmas dinner table with some of the truffles to have with coffee. All the oat biscuits are in the freezer so can be taken out as and when to go with the cheeseboard and the membrillo.

Mr Bee loves cheese and biscuits. He eats like a ruddy horse, never puts on weight and despite all the dairy and cheese he eats he does not have high cholesterol.  >:( >:( >:(

I have the diabetic/slimmer's world trifle for BIL, Dad, DIL and son. Christmas pud for mother and OH and individual white chocolate mousse for nephew.

I have done a lot less this year because of the weight watchers etc. I usually make a luscious cherry and chocolate log but there is no point this year.

Vanilla ice cream for Mr Bee to have with his mince pies over the holiday as it is his absolute favourite.

And the swiss rolls  for trifle are for me. :D I can cut off a small slice to make a diddy trifle when the slimmers have gone home so I don't tempt them.

I prefer Boxing day, in all honesty, when everything has  been cooked and there are left overs and I can put my feet up. My bête noir, is Amaretto coffee. You can keep the food just give me the coffee.

The liqueurs are for cooking and making desserts for the rest of the year.

I have 2 spaces left at the Christmas table. :D

Lardman

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2015, 21:26 »
I have 2 spaces left at the Christmas table. :D

* Cough * Cough * Cough *

I've not done anything yet, I figure things will be quiet after Monday and I might find time to get in the kitchen.

snowdrops

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2015, 21:53 »
Thanks Mrs Bee, feel very inadequate now😄. We're up to six now so I better start planning & cooking 🤔

Mrs Bee

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2015, 23:09 »
Thanks Mrs Bee, feel very inadequate now. We're up to six now so I better start planning & cooking

Don't feel inadequate Snowy. I just can't help myself. I always go over the top. And I am retired now, if you don't count the Christmas fairs I have done, so I have more time.

I am laughing this year as I only have one Christmas to do. Last year I had to do a full Christmas dinner at the aged parents a week before Christmas and another one on Christmas Day for us and sent dinner round to the aged parents.

But after the aggro I got last year I have put me feets down and if dinner is wanted they have to come to me for it.
The worm turned and she isn't going to be taken for a mug this year. :D

Debz

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2015, 10:51 »
Got the marzipan on my Christmas Cakes last night.  Hopefully I'll get them iced this evening.  Desserts for Christmas day are planned (my part of the meal) and I'm writing my shopping list for Saturday.

Snoop

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2015, 12:33 »
I've made a shopping list for Mr Snoop. Does that count?  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2015, 18:02 »
I've just made the first mince pies, 6 are cooked & a doz are in the freezer. Only trouble is I can't get the cooked ones out of the tin grr

Debz

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2015, 09:45 »
I've iced the Christmas Cake that I was asked to bake by a colleague and taken that in to work today.  I still have mine to do and will hopefully get that done tonight.  I now know what desserts I am making and I've written my shopping list for the morning.  The children and I are going to make cookies tomorrow if the weather is bad.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 35 queries.