Fitbit - the next 10,000 steps...

• 6 Replies

Growster...

Fitbit - the next 10,000 steps...
« on: February 16, 2022, 18:23 »
Since the arrival of new big-small dog, Lily, we've started notching up the walks around here, and there are plenty, what with the churchyard, and now the playing fields on The Moor!

We've done three today, one around 7.30am, another after lunch, and a long one just now before it got dark, and I topped the 10,000 just before we got home, all wringing wet!

As the over 70s are encouraged to get out and about for twenty minutes every day, does this mean that I'll still be around when I'm around a hundred...?

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Fitbit - the next 10,000 steps...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 02:04 »
 :D  You can count on it!  :lol:

A dog that likes to walk is the world's best piece of exercise equipment!
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 06:43 »
Thanks SubP; she's already wandering about and looking at the door...

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 07:59 »
Careful about the habits you form Mrs G, you may regret it later. For years I took Max out at 05:30 each morning, he hasn't forgotten about this despite my best efforts to reassign morning walks to a more social time  :nowink:    I do't know how you have the energy for a 'puppy' I'm sure you'll be getting far more than your 10K recommended and for some time to come and in weather like yesterday it would certainly blow the cobwebs away.

Whilst Max is keen enough to drag me around the park at stupid o'clock still as we're both a little older he's back in his bed and asleep before I've made my cup of coffee after we return. 

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 18:18 »
Good point Lards!

I guess we've been through a bit of a difficult time with Mrs Growster being so ill and our dear JRT popping off at the same time, we now have a New Year, a new spring and the new regime seems to be making a bit of a new dawn as well, so as I really do have to shed a few lock-down pounds, I'll stick with it for as long as I can!

Just for the record, after all this exercise, now, she's usually (sometimes) quiet during the night, I get a better night's sleep than I've had in ages, and as Mrs Growster told me I looked thinner today, well, what more could a bloke ask for!

But you're right of course, I think your trips out with Max must have made you the better man - they usually do!

Lardman

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 19:05 »
I'm sure the three of you will have many happy hours ahead, just don't go throwing your bonnet over the windmill you're not 21 anymore  :lol:

I think your trips out with Max must have made you the better man - they usually do!
I'll bare that in mind the next time I'm soaked to the skin, freezing cold with my nose dripping chasing him round the house with a towel in an effort to stop him drying himself on the furniture.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 06:03 »
Topped the 10,000 again yesterday, despite a small breeze called Unise (Unisex?) or something by someone in a cupboard at the Met Office...

She ate the adaptor to my laptop a few days ago, and while a mild shock may have given her a little 'jump', I still have to buy a new one!

Hey-Ho, it's all part of life's rich tapestry, isn't it - as long as she hasn't eaten the canvas...!

xx
Fitbit nuisance posts...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post October 31, 2017, 06:00
by Growster...
xx
Over 100,000 steps this week!

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post September 03, 2023, 03:52
by Subversive_plot
xx
Steps tracked

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 15, 2024, 18:59
by vikingraider

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 42 queries.