Getting a new shelf

• 18 Replies

Spana

Re: Getting a new shelf
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 11:21 »
In a previous house we had a passage from kitchen to dining room.  OH made a shelf to run all the way round the walls about 12inches down from  the ceiling for storing jams etc.  It didn't take up any room from the narrow passage,  the jars were up out of direct sunlight and I thought they looked lovely.  When we sold the house the new owners said it was one of the things  that had persuaded them to buy :)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 11:53 »
In a previous house we had a passage from kitchen to dining room.  OH made a shelf to run all the way round the walls about 12inches down from  the ceiling for storing jams etc.  It didn't take up any room from the narrow passage,  the jars were up out of direct sunlight and I thought they looked lovely.  When we sold the house the new owners said it was one of the things  that had persuaded them to buy :)

The wonders a new shelf can do, I bet it was the jam and chutney they wanted really. :D

Poolfield2

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 12:01 »
This fits into a question I was going to ask earlier - do jams and chutneys etc have to be kept in a dark place for storage or can they be on a sunless windowsill/shelf in the kitchen?

Great shelf, now where can I fit one of those?!

I thought they had to be kept in a cool dark place according to all my books but Val would proberly know for sure.

Poolfield I dont have a spare bed, but i do have a few spare children going for free  ::)

No thanks it took 27 years to get rid of the last lot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Val H

• Head Cook and Bottle Washer
    • Recipes
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 14:11 »
Cool and dark is the best place for storing. Ours are in the garage on shelves, the garage is directly off the kitchen. Everything under the sun in the garage except a car!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 14:17 by Val H »
Val
Recipes Galore!

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 38 queries.