Not nice things to bring home Miki

• 21 Replies

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
Re: Not nice things to bring home Miki
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 22:29 »
benzyl benzoate - can you get that at the chemist/pet store rather than the vet? might be less expensive. also if i bathed the area(s) with this would it render the advocate ineffective?
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

evie2

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 22:53 »
One spring 3 of our 6 ferrets had a plague of ticks on them, they were everywhere  :( I used Tee Tree essential oil on a q-tip against the head/base of the tick, it came off really easily and the ferrets had no more problems with them :)  I still miss the ferrets :(
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Oliveview

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 08:30 »
I used to buy it in the chemist where I worked, it was available over the counter.  I will try the teetree on thecats, I will make a spray up and give them a little squirt of it now and again, or rub it on my hands.... but I wonder if that would upset the cats grooming of themselves... :wub: :wub:

Pamela

evie2

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 12:31 »
I wouldn't risk it Pamela, even in dilute form.  I used it because the ferrets didn't groom themselves, it also helped prevent infection in the bite sites and there were plenty of those :(

shetan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 06:22 »
thanks pamela...

will keep that in mind. the antibiotics seem to be taking effect alongside the advocate. leg seems much less raw and have been hatching him to stop the scratching.

hopefully things won't get any worse.

remember having to remove a tick of my cousin's dog in india....ewwww! squishy...

Thrift

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 06:48 »
Just an update on benzyl benzoate. It is a thick white liquid .... we used to get it made up at the chemist. For use only on dry mangey areas where it is gently rubbed in. Any broken, sore areas should be cleaned and treated as for grazes etc.

shetan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 12:21 »
well shehra is looking better but his brother is still licking hot spots which have now spread to his elbow, ear and boy bits.

£107 at the vets and booked in again for next month. if no improvement £1000 for keeping him in, putting him under and taking skin samples.......if  i had a rifle i'd make sure foxes were extinct within a week.   :mad:

and to think we could get it too.

xx
Miki has come home with a cut on his belly

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post June 03, 2012, 18:53
by Oliveview
xx
Miki is learning

3 Replies
Last post June 24, 2012, 11:01
by ANHBUC
xx
Miki very poorly, he had to go to vet

23 Replies
Last post March 05, 2012, 07:40
by Oliveview
xx
Our big kitten Miki went missing

4 Replies
Last post December 07, 2011, 10:31
by spottymint

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 35 queries.