French Beans

• 18 Replies

Elaine G

Re: French Beans
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 19:49 »
DD T&M seem to have upgraded their site so that you cannot find anything :wacko:
If you search french bean you get 3 to choose from.
If you search Brauhilde you get a 'not found' message.
Luckily the catalogue code works, but not much good if you don't have a paper catalogue.

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 20:04 »
Yes,

They messed me up with a link I put in another post.

I've found it on the new site, but I'm less than impressed, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the order of the pea and bean listing.

Blauhilde
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

bythebooksue

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 20:29 »
I'm a Blue Lake fan - or rather I was - mine didn't do too well this year. They were very late getting going due to the cold spring and got rather smothered by the adjacent runners and borlotti (obviously planted too close together).
I seem to remember hearing that purple podded are slightly hardier than white seeded like Blue Lake. Is that right? If so I think I'll give Blauhilde a go
Sue

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 09:02 »
I've found it on the new site, but I'm less than impressed, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the order of the pea and bean listing.

Their previous site was dreadful, this somewhat better, but whoever they have got in to build it has overlooked some pretty basic things - although no indication of who has built it so maybe its built in-house (my day job is building large eCommerce sites)

There is an option to sort by Best Sellers (the default) or price ascending / descending, but nothing that will bring same-type next to each other such as by species or alphabetical.  I went through several pages of flower seeds looking for things for next year; Nicotiana scattered throughout the 57 pages. I can search for Nicotiana, but I wanted to scroll down and see what I might want regardless of species.

If their old links no longer work they will lose their ranking in the search engines, plus all the helpful links from Forums and Blogs will now fall on deaf ears which is a sure way to make people click-off!

xx
Problem with French Beans (cobra) yellow leaves and brown curly beans

Started by djmissj on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 04, 2009, 09:57
by Salmo
xx
French beans, short crop v. runner beans?

Started by woodburner on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 16:02
by crh75
xx
Runner beans and French climbing beans

Started by lovemyveg on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 11, 2011, 12:31
by strangerachael
xx
runner beans and French beans ?

Started by like diggingk on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post April 22, 2012, 10:56
by lettice

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 32 queries.