Molemill 'TM'

• 26 Replies

Bombers

Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 22:42 »
Oliveview.. you need a really straight bit of wire, any bends/kinks and it won't work. ( from previous experience)
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 23:16 »
Quote from: "compostqueen"
pardon me if I'm being a dope but how does that deter moley  :?

Think I'm right in saying the vibration travels down the pole into the ground and drives poor mr mole mad, so he leaves home to go to next doors plot and eats his worms instead.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Bombers

Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 23:20 »
Yep  :D

Good bye buddy!! :lol:

Oliveview

Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 15:35 »
The idea is the wind blows into the bottle, then the noise from the wind vibrates down the wire/support and gives Mr Mole a headache and he moves to next doors garden :D

I´ve looked in the wardrobe, plenty of wooden coat hangers and plenty of rubbish plastic ones, not one wire one! Typical!!  Monday when the ferreteria (iron mongers) isn´t heaving with folk I will go and buy some thick wire.
Pamela

Bombers

Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 12:28 »
Buena suerte, Hasta luego! 8)

growmore

• http://www.braa.co.uk
Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 01:29 »
This should b on Blue Peter. Its so ridiculous yet it works. Good grief man you are a genius.

Bombers

Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 14:59 »
Quote from: "growmore"
This should b on Blue Peter. Its so ridiculous yet it works. Good grief man you are a genius.

Why thankyou! :oops: I know, it werks for me!! - Amberleaf... are you listening out there??

Maryann

• Experienced Member
Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 17:03 »
I feel a Jasper Carrot sketch coming on

I Came.....I Saw......I Composted

Browser

• Experienced Member
Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 19:54 »
There are now two Molemills (TM) gently rotating on my allotment, with more to come once I get me hands on some empty 2 litre PET bottles :D Only thing I found was, I sort-of half-read your design page (and I'm on night shift!) so my first one only had two blades. However, it spins far better than the later three-bladed one so I shall be adapting your design in this manner for all of my future Molemills(TM). Thanks for the design though, brilliant 8)
Blimey! You mean you can *grow* things in soil?

Bombers

Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 09:27 »
Quote from: "Browser"
There are now two Molemills (TM) gently rotating on my allotment, with more to come once I get me hands on some empty 2 litre PET bottles :D Only thing I found was, I sort-of half-read your design page (and I'm on night shift!) so my first one only had two blades. However, it spins far better than the later three-bladed one so I shall be adapting your design in this manner for all of my future Molemills(TM). Thanks for the design though, brilliant 8)

Thanks Browser. Has it detered your Moles? - I think I will try your 2 Bladed version for myself. A pic would be good!

Browser

• Experienced Member
Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 18:33 »
Sorry mate, been a while since I've been able to visit.
Yes, I'll take a piccie next time I'm down on t'alotment and post it.
We never really had many moles before but there certainly haven't been any sincem if that makes any sense at all!? :D

Griffo

Molemill 'TM'
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 07:31 »
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but ....  it doesn't work! I have a mole that has so far evaded everything - tunnel traps (digs alongside to by-pass them), flooding, mothballs (throws them out). So I tried the bottle windmills (2 of them) and placed them in the mole runs (scraped away the hills and opened up the hole and stuck the bamboo cane in the centre).

It has been breezy here for days and is so this morning and the wretched mole has filled in all the holes I created where I scraped away the molehills and has even filled in the hole around the bamboo cane that the windmill is on!! This windmill make quite a noise as well, because the base of the bottle has groves radiating in the base and it sounds a bit like a football rattle as it rubs against the wire - still spins freely.

I have news for you folks - moles don't mind noise and vibration one bit!!

I am getting an 'Inspector Dreyfus twitch' (Pink Panther - Peter Sellars) from this mole!! I have never experienced one so difficult to erradicate. Usually, I manage to spot them working and get them out with a spade but this one always seems to know when I'm there!

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 36 queries.