Online pharmacies...

• 8 Replies

Growster...

Online pharmacies...
« on: July 19, 2023, 06:36 »
We're considering getting our prescriptions online,as the local chemist isn't a patch on what it used to be, we sometimes wait half an hour in the queue and now I usually drive to a neighbouring village for the stuff, as they're very efficient! In fact it seems that the pharmacy/retail business in general, seems to be getting into some difficulties and I'm not really sure why, as we can always moan about the NHS, but our surgery here is fantastic - they actually called me up at home to book me in for a standard 'revue' the other day!

So I'm looking at the various options - we're over the magical age so won't be paying, but does anyone here subscribe to anyone online for their meds? I see that Boots and Lloyds do it, and several others are advertising, and we even had a leaflet saying Royal Mail were doing the service, but I'm not sure what happens if they go on strike...

Any advice from chums here?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Online pharmacies...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 08:35 »
At my previous surgery I had Lloyds online and the system worked well. Lloyds remind you via email of when you need to request a new script. If you tick the box to agree it sends the request to your surgery. Finally it arrives in the post - sorted.
After my move I'm still waiting to hear from my new surgery whether I can continue this system with them... but apparently it can take 6 to 8 weeks for the NHS to change you from one surgery to another  ::)
NHS is a very efficient service obviously  :mad:

Just noticed the cake....Happy Birthday
gardencake.jpg
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 08:37 by mumofstig »

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 11:32 »
LLoyds are closing all their pharmacies in Sainsbury's stores this year apparently, along with some of their other outlets.
They emailed me the other day to advise that as from 13th July I would no longer be able to collect my prescriptions from my local Lloyds pharmacy, offering their postal delivery service instead.

What they didn't tell me was that 'my' pharmacy had left the group and is now being run as an independent, so hopefully I can continue as before (not sure how much I trust the Royal Mail these days, and I don't know whether my prescription items would actually fit through my letter box - another minor concern.  :unsure:)

However, Mum's experience with the LLoyds postal prescription service has clearly been ok so far...
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 17:19 »
We considered this but our post is so erratic, we see a postman twice a week at most, that we stuck with the chemist ordering repeat prescription and sending text when it's ready to collect.

wighty

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2023, 17:35 »
Because our surgery  joined with another, I don't know which Dr. I'm going to consult with any problem.  I've been with Regent Pharmacy for about 20  years now (they were opposite    our shop in Shanklin) and they   let me (and the Dr. ) know if I can't have what they've subscribed.  I am Lactose intolerant and Lactose is used a lot in medication as it 'bulks' up the tablet.  They've saved me from a lot of stomach upsets  over the years and wouldn't dream of going an ywhere else. 

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2023, 09:04 »
I'm fortunate that we have a small Boot's in our village which is next door to the surgery so I can walk there for the meds. Only thing is they normally take a few days to parcel them up ready for collection unless they have a different member of staff who has got on with them.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 18:13 »
Wonders will never cease...

I had to get some extra-strength Ibuprohen today, and as I was in the same road as the Tesco, I popped in to the local pharmacist, with some trepidation!

There was a lovely local chum just in front of the short queue, and she pointed out all the full shelves which had been empty a day or so ago, and the attractive young lady behind the counter was fantastic especially as she was new there and really keen to be pleasant and helpful! Any queries she had were dealt with immediately!

The pharmacist was rushing around getting organised like nobody's business too, so there you are - post a 'moan' here, and the complaint gets dealt with within days!

Watch this space...

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2023, 09:26 »
One time I went in to pick up a prescription and was in need of a new face foundation,  so I asked a lovely young girl for her advice and she was brilliant! She said I needed a "cool" colour to match my complexion and so she tried one out on my wrist. It was bob on! Such wonderful service for me as I could have been her great aunt but she didn't care about the age difference whatsoever, and we just had a little chuckle as well.

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023, 09:30 »
... but another thing. My OH's consultant upped one of his medications and informed the surgery by phone so I went to pick it up three days later as usual only to be told it takes about 5-7 days to be ready. Not had this long a wait as before. Anyway, went yesterday to drop mine in at the surgery then went to Boot's only be told they had no prescription request from the surgery for my OH. Back to the surgery who told me it was probably because he'd ordered it before his next request time so it had been cancelled - BAAAAAH! Cue phone call to his consultant to get it sorted out before he runs out of it. Why couldn't the surgery contact us to let us know what had happened? It's been enough for us to try and get him two important appointments without all this other palaver as well. Grump over.

xx
Online tax return

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post May 26, 2020, 08:28
by jezza
clip
Squirrel Online

Started by juvenal on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post Yesterday at 09:23
by Goosegirl
xx
Paying subs online

Started by Longshanks on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post December 01, 2017, 05:36
by LILLILEAF
xx
The simplicity and convenience of online banking...

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post March 16, 2024, 10:14
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 45 queries.