Chilli plant problem

• 4 Replies

Gleavo

• Experienced Member
Chilli plant problem
« on: April 07, 2020, 07:46 »
Hi

Does anybody have an insight as to what is going on with my chilli plants? It seems to be affecting any leaves below the very top of the plant. Could they be overwatered or could it be disease/bugs? I've sprayed them with organic bug spray but to to avail.

They've been in the mini greenhouse for the last two weeks and brought into the house every evening to avoid the chilly (chilli!) nights before they go up to the allotment poly in May for their final potting.

I raised them in seed compost in a heated propagator and potted on using my home made compost (might it be something in that - I haven't had any problems with lots of other things I've potted on in that compost). Not done anything different this year from any other.

Any diagnosis and any suggestions would be welcome - it's a crucial crop in the Gleavo growing year!  :D

thanks!
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG
IMG_1123.JPG

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Chilli plant problem
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 07:59 »
Given the recent weather, hopefully just sun scorch - it's probably getting pretty hot in that mini-greenhouse; make sure it has ventilation - bubble wrap or fleece would help reduce the light and heat.
Try not to wet the leaves when watering.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Gleavo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 08:36 »
Thanks @ growster - I've got bubble wrap and will open it up in the afternoons (still a bit nippy in the mornings here).  ;)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 15:47 »
Thanks @ growster - I've got bubble wrap and will open it up in the afternoons (still a bit nippy in the mornings here).  ;)

::) OK Gleavo, here's the deal; if your chillies thrive, I get the credit - if they die, Growster gets the blame!  :lol:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 21:28 »
As JayG mentioned, are you watering from above?  If you get droplets on the leaves the sun can then burn scorch marks in them
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
chilli problem

Started by fletcherbaker on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 27, 2011, 16:59
by mumofstig
xx
Problem with chilli

Started by chrisnchris on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 01, 2011, 06:17
by Growster...
xx
chilli problem

Started by kezlou on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post August 24, 2008, 18:55
by Ice
xx
Naga Chilli Problem

Started by Dai on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post July 28, 2013, 17:26
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 40 queries.