Lie down, lie down for lurkers...

• 52 Replies

GraciesGran

Re: Lie down, lie down for lurkers...
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 12:30 »
Love this, have fond memories of eldest son, now 39, crawling along the ground at my dads allotment.  That and watering the compost heap were his two favourite activites.

Goosegirl

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 15:56 »
Having been (ha - no pun intended) scrubbing all day, I need a few tinctures to respond to the main part of your post, but noticed the reference to the Cherokee beans. As they appear to be a climbing variety, do they need a wigwam support?  :lol:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 18:37 »
Having been (ha - no pun intended) scrubbing all day, I need a few tinctures to respond to the main part of your post, but noticed the reference to the Cherokee beans. As they appear to be a climbing variety, do they need a wigwam support?  :lol:
Tee hee' tee peeee...;0)

Have reserved a camp fire for two, Goosey, please can you wear your best feathered head dress...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4HYVIvuJE

shedmeister

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 09:13 »
Growser, I must hold you responsible for the much do do I am now in.
After reading your opening post I decided to go up the plot and furtle out as many errant lurkers that I could find.
Upon my departure the one who believes she is obeyed asked me what my intentions were.
I am going to furtle out my lurkers my sweet wart encrusted one I replied.
Thats ok then she replied. We have plenty of everything else and I am sick of blanching beans up to the point that if you bring home more bags of the things. I will use them on you as a supository.
Thus I arrived at the plot and began to furtle.
Unfortunatly I furtled a little bit too well up to the point of If a bean looked as if it was going to metamorph into a lurker in the next few days.... Into the bag it went.(well into one of threre bags to tell the truth)
TWO blooming HOURS GROWSTER. Two whole hours it took me to remove the said furtled lurkers from a certain orofice and I am now hiding down my shed as she still has a bag full waiting.
May the fork be with you

Goosegirl

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 11:51 »
Aw shedmeister! Growster seems to have an uneasy knack of putting people into difficult positions doesn't he. I'm so sorry about your present predicament and hope you managed to get a bit of sleep last night on the old potato sacks in your shed. Anyway, I have some happy news! Whilst I was ensconced in my little laboratory last night, I had a light-bulb moment when Tippex-ing out a slight mathematical error. No - nothing to do with Frankenstein but it may solve the problem of our lurker beans. Using bits of left-over foam insulation, some empty biro cases, rubber sealant, strips of sticky-back plastic and, filled with my secret formula (available in glo-white only) I have created the "Gooser Wonder Pen." As your beans grow and before they even have the chance to think of lurking, you go along the rows and apply it to the bottom of the beans. Later on, all you need to do is look for anything with a white tip and cut it off. It is guaranteed to be rain-proof, harmless to humans and, for those who harvest at night-time, it also glows in the dark. I expect orders to flood in so please reserve yours now!!! The cost? Surely that's immaterial as it will save you from having to endure more colonic irrigations. If you turn your nose up at this (my pen not the colonic bit) then I just have one thing to say. GROW PURPLE BEANS!

shedmeister

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 14:18 »
Aw shedmeister! Growster seems to have an uneasy knack of putting people into difficult positions doesn't he. I'm so sorry about your present predicament and hope you managed to get a bit of sleep last night on the old potato sacks in your shed. Anyway, I have some happy news! Whilst I was ensconced in my little laboratory last night, I had a light-bulb moment when Tippex-ing out a slight mathematical error. No - nothing to do with Frankenstein but it may solve the problem of our lurker beans. Using bits of left-over foam insulation, some empty biro cases, rubber sealant, strips of sticky-back plastic and, filled with my secret formula (available in glo-white only) I have created the "Gooser Wonder Pen." As your beans grow and before they even have the chance to think of lurking, you go along the rows and apply it to the bottom of the beans. Later on, all you need to do is look for anything with a white tip and cut it off. It is guaranteed to be rain-proof, harmless to humans and, for those who harvest at night-time, it also glows in the dark. I expect orders to flood in so please reserve yours now!!! The cost? Surely that's immaterial as it will save you from having to endure more colonic irrigations. If you turn your nose up at this (my pen not the colonic bit) then I just have one thing to say. GROW PURPLE BEANS!

I do apoologise but I will have to forgo your offer of the said contraption as I did indeed grow purple beans of the teepee variety (headdress NOT included) Not only that. the sacks that I rested my weary head on last night had in fact been last used to bring my shallots home in hence why I now smell of odure de shallot. A Fragrence that to say the least makes the humble allotmenteer stand out from your common all round gardener.
I have applyed for the copyright on this fragrence and I hope to have many orders for it in time for the turkey scoffing period.
Perhaps something may come good from furgling (sorry Norfolk for fertling) for lurkers after all.

Goosegirl

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2017, 13:47 »
Oh well, it was worth a try especially as you could have had it on special discount. No matter - I'm sure I will have enough orders coming in to sashay off to the South of France with Angela Snow (ask Growster for more info on her  ;)). May I humbly suggest a name for your l'eau de échalote? I was thinking of "Madame du Camelot" and, if you decide to expand the range for men as well, how about "Sir Lanceshalott"? By the way, my Wonder Pen is NOT a contraption! It is a "thing of beauty and a joy forever," carefully assembled by my own fair wings hands then subjected to rigorous tests, unlike the Growster products. I'm waiting for him to come up with something sensible but I'm not holding my breath!  :unsure:

viettaclark

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2017, 17:38 »
Not the parasite although its flat shape is very  similar....half of the flat bit of a whale's tail which is a sort of rounded triangle and really isn't too apt a description of that pea....more a rounded whale fin?
I'm just burbling now..... ???

Growster...

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 18:27 »
Shedders, your insertions have a particular 'ring' to them...

For God's sake don't tell Goosey, as she was a ringer once, probably on the fourth bell, but her calls were indistinguishable from the correct version of a true Grandsire Triples, so where she ended up, is anyone's guess!

(Am I on the right track here, or have I missed something..;0)

Growster...

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 18:36 »
Oh well, it was worth a try especially as you could have had it on special discount. No matter - I'm sure I will have enough orders coming in to sashay off to the South of France with Angela Snow (ask Growster for more info on her  ;)). May I humbly suggest a name for your l'eau de échalote? I was thinking of "Madame du Camelot" and, if you decide to expand the range for men as well, how about "Sir Lanceshalott"? By the way, my Wonder Pen is NOT a contraption! It is a "thing of beauty and a joy forever," carefully assembled by my own fair wings hands then subjected to rigorous tests, unlike the Growster products. I'm waiting for him to come up with something sensible but I'm not holding my breath!  :unsure:

I recently saw a pastel drawing of Angela Snow, and the drooling continued well into the small hours...

Eau d'onion is a well-know arthurdizzyack, and he should know, so perhaps a visit to the shed hasn't done anyone much harm has it! Is there a Yale lock available? Growsterlocks do a good discount on such ornaments! In fact I have several right here, Shedders and Goosey and Vietta, just in case a party beckons! £150.00 the lot, plus VAT!

(True story, when Mrs Growster (before she was an actual Mrs) and I were on hols in Italy with several chums back in the early seventies, we were idly checking out the drinks menu in a bar and also the various snacks available. We all knew very little Italian, and assumed that a packet of crunchy comestibles called 'Noino', were a local delicacy and needed investigation, especially with pints of whatever Barbera red wine we could grasp. Of course, it takes even more wine to turn the packet the right way up...;0)

shedmeister

• Experienced Member
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 18:39 »
Shedders, your insertions have a particular 'ring' to them...

For God's sake don't tell Goosey, as she was a ringer once, probably on the fourth bell, but her calls were indistinguishable from the correct version of a true Grandsire Triples, so where she ended up, is anyone's guess!

(Am I on the right track here, or have I missed something..;0)
You could be correct there Growster. One does have a slight hankering for fish to acompany his king edwards

Growster...

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 18:45 »
Not the parasite although its flat shape is very  similar....half of the flat bit of a whale's tail which is a sort of rounded triangle and really isn't too apt a description of that pea....more a rounded whale fin?
I'm just burbling now..... ???

Burbling is a requirement around here at this time of night, Vietta! In fact, if it doesn't happen, one of us is asleep!

Those peas are possibly asparagus peas which are hard, gnarled little items which taste rather like a boiled 13 amp plug, only with less colour...

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 14:00 »
Its all growing without a care
Lurkers, lurkers everywhere
Oh good grief, what's to be done
This is war the veg have won   :ohmy:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 14:09 by New shoot »

Goosegirl

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2017, 15:20 »
True story, when Mrs Growster (before she was an actual Mrs) and I were on hols in Italy with several chums back in the early seventies, we were idly checking out the drinks menu in a bar and also the various snacks available. We all knew very little Italian, and assumed that a packet of crunchy comestibles called 'Noino', were a local delicacy and needed investigation, especially with pints of whatever Barbera red wine we could grasp. Of course, it takes even more wine to turn the packet the right way up...;0)
[/quote]
Whilst putting your lippy on, If you'd just looked at the packet via the mirror...?

victoria park

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2017, 16:25 »
Lurkers aren't a problem when you have thousands of flowers already. In fact I'm needing to hire a few lurkers in to calm my whole bean project down this year.
Any recycled lurkers for sale that can be grafted on to my runaways ?
I've also got a worrying list leeward since the last big blow. Any niche market products for that ?  :)
runnerbeans2017.jpg
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 18:06 by victoria park »

xx
Lurkers revisited

Started by shedmeister on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 20, 2018, 23:48
by juvenal

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 39 queries.