Think i'm going to kill my neighbour-well not really.......

• 44 Replies

wildwitchy

I hate my neighbour.  :ohmy: :mad:

Came home tonight after being on duty all day to find he had shoved a peice of wood under the roof of new coroline roofing on my chicken coop pen to stop (what he thinks) the rain from going into his garden off my roof.

I was livid. This caused the roof to bend upwards & make a large gap for any preditiors to get in to my girls. Good job I spotted it before nightfall.

I've already lost 4 to the fox!

I am so sick of this man & his behaviour & damaging our property. I ended up phoning the police.  :(
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 22:30 by wildwitchy »

katey

Re: Think i'm going to kill my neighbour
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 20:26 »
I can totally relate to that.We have a neighbour who likes to trespass and modify ours and their other neighbours property,when no one is home(of course).We've had a terrible time and there's nothing we can do as we've no money to sue them(which apparently we could)I sound awful but 5 minutes ago i was just googling 'i hate my neighbours'.
Thank god they haven't said or done anything regarding are chooks.....so far!
Some people are just *******.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 20:45 »
... to stop (what he thinks) the rain from going into his garden off my roof.

What makes him believe this ?

wildwitchy

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 21:29 »

because my chicken coop is next to the fence as it has always been for the last 3 & half years. I've just put a new roof on thats all. The police have just been & given us some diaries we've got to fill in for 2 weeks or so to monitor his behavior. The only thing is they are going round to see him tomorrow to tell him to wind his neck in and give him a diary so he can monitor our behavoiur! Can you imagine? It will be the best novel going!!!  :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 21:32 »

because my chicken coop is next to the fence as it has always been for the last 3 & half years. I've just put a new roof on thats all.

Does the roof slope away from his property ?

katey

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 21:51 »
some people wait for any excuse to cause trouble.If it was a real problem why wouldn't he talk to you about it first?

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 22:12 »
How has direct conversation gone with him? Has he expressed any concerns with you etc?
Alan

penninehillbilly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 23:07 »
I know it's difficult trying to talk to difficult neighbours, but would it be worth trying to talk to him and explaining the danger he put your girls in? has he any pets or something he's proud of?  try asking how he'd feel if pet / favourite plants/car was put in danger by actions of another person? politely of course)
How about devising a small gutter and drainpipe on your hut, feeding a water container for your girls, (save carrying water out as well as well as showing him you are willing to compromise :) ).
BTW is it raining there? I have been thinking our spring water is slowing down.

compostqueen

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 23:17 »
I was going to suggest guttering and a fall pipe into a water butt which would show willingness to stop the water going onto your neighbour's

I don't think threatening to kill your neighbour, on a public forum, is the best idea.

Paul Plots

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 00:35 »
I was going to suggest guttering and a fall pipe into a water butt which would show willingness to stop the water going onto your neighbour's

I don't think threatening to kill your neighbour, on a public forum, is the best idea.

And I was going to say something very similar  ::)  :lol:

Sorry not a laughing matter but I agree with compostqueen. Life would be so complicated if the neighbour was found (heaven forbid) dead in the middle of the lawn and then someone remembered reading your thread title.  :nowink:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 00:37 by Learner »
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 01:55 »
It would get even worse if we all pitched in with our ideas!  :blink:      :nowink:   

I love my neighbours.  I feel so lucky.  I really must tell them all how much I love them!  (Except then they might call the police...)

One of the reasons I appreciate my neighbours so much is that I have had some appalling neighbours over the years.  One actually blatantly stole our outdoor furniture.  :ohmy:  But how do you prove to the police that it's yours?  And apart from stealing it back, what can you do?  And when you know she's got a really nasty streak and will stop at nothing...  :unsure:

Anyway I feel for you wildwitchy.  Your home should be a haven for you to return to, to escape the big mean old world.  It's incredibly stressful when neighbours make it miserable for you.

Just remember to be the 'better person' so you can always hold your head high and know you did the right thing, even in the face of his unreasonableness.

Dominic

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 08:04 »
Do you know the plant sprayer bottle things?
I bought one for a pound from ASDA
On its lowest setting, it has some serious range.

I use its shortest range to spread glyphosphate over my weeds.
 ;)

I've had some seriously crazy neighbours.
We use chemicals in this garden, just as god intended

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 08:27 »
I wouldn't advise that Dominic WW still has to live nest door to her neighbours.
Fitting guttering and proving that the run off isn't going into their garden is the best way - or even building a higher fence.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Paul Plots

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 09:56 »
I wouldn't advise that Dominic WW still has to live nest door to her neighbours.
Fitting guttering and proving that the run off isn't going into their garden is the best way - or even building a higher fence.

This one has my vote.  ;)

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 15:15 »
The guttering is a brilliant idea!

You get to keep all that lovely rain water - good for the garden and good for the girls! AND it knocks out a whole avenue of complaint. Remember, you're harvesting rainwater, not giving in.
Mark it down in the diary and keep a photo to hand. If you can pour water over the roof to visually record the flow of the water that also might help. If you can also record any 'adjustments' done by your neighbour then this should also go in. 

And try voodoo. Perfectly legal and sooo satisfying! Even the most basic of dolls can be easily made, named after the deserving candidate (you don't always need personal stuff inside) and abused to your hearts content when the b****r's done you wrong. Even if there's no effect on them, it'll work on you for the better.

Take heart and take care;

BB Pertelotte x

xx
if looks could kill!

Started by Aidy on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post March 07, 2018, 11:19
by Aidy
xx
Neighbour from hell

Started by Flump on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post April 08, 2017, 19:49
by Rhys
question
Neighbour's cockerel

Started by Smokeymoe on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post October 02, 2020, 20:05
by grinling
xx
Whingy neighbour.

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

16 Replies
Last post August 02, 2014, 13:10
by jay001

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 39 queries.