Not Too Sure

• 4 Replies

foggle007

Not Too Sure
« on: April 11, 2008, 20:48 »
Hi, I've just put my chooks away for the night and things seemed a bit off. I has rained really heavy today and when I went to put them away a couple of them were just standing in the rain. They do this regular and wasn't too concerned until I noticed one had laid in the middle of the run. They never ever do this normally. Also I only got 3 eggs today from my 6 girls and normally they all lay everyday. Could it just be the weather that has upset there routine? I'm only concerned as it has rained a lot recently and made no difference to them until today. Thanks

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Not Too Sure
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 20:54 »
Do they have some shelter in their run to get out of  the rain  :?:

foggle007

Not Too Sure
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 21:34 »
Yeah Sally they have a number of shelters they can use. For some reason they don't tend to shelter. They seem really healthy. It just seemed odd today

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Not Too Sure
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 21:38 »
Hmmm... Have to wait ans see how they are tomorrow  :?

poultrygeist

Not Too Sure
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 21:50 »
We found an egg under the platform/shelter in the run yesterday.

I must admit, I'm getting mighty peeved with all this rain too and am tempted to just stand out in it but I might stop at laying an egg.

I would imagine they could get a bit bored by having to keep out of the wet all the time. Bit like when you were a kid and had a wet summer. You got a bit stir crazy.

Rob

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 35 queries.