new comers to my flock

• 2 Replies

cheekychick22

new comers to my flock
« on: June 19, 2012, 20:41 »
 I couldn't receist any longer and can no longer spell lol. I've brought some growers mad I know but they are so beautiful.  I have a gold laced appenzellar, cream legbar and an amber all at about 11 to 12 weeks i have now put them in the main flock with broody and 4 chicks and two other adults I have had one scuffle in three days and they all now seem to be getting on well and thriving, Broody comes down every so often and scoulds them but nothing too dramatic as the rest of the flock tends to avoid her as much as possible or they get a telling of as well.

can't think of names though the apenzellar looks like it has an afro so we have called her clara no sense i know but my friend is called clara and she has an afro she is happy with this. the legbar we are thinking poppet as she is such a cutey and the amber lolli

grinling

Re: new comers to my flock
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 21:32 »
What are you feeding them as each lot should be fed different feeds?

cheekychick22

Re: new comers to my flock
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 22:10 »
Mom takes chicks up to coop to feed and they are on chick crumb growers are eating the grower pellets cause the adults won't let them touch their food layers for the rest but the do have a little nibble on the grower pellets as well and mom won't let them near the chick crumb I was a bit worried about that but everything ok

xx
My flock out and about the other day...

Started by Nicki85 on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post July 22, 2011, 08:19
by arugula
xx
The forum flock

Started by Spana on Chicken Chat

141 Replies
Last post December 05, 2010, 17:36
by otis pony
xx
Flock Record to Print

Started by kegs on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post March 12, 2012, 12:06
by kegs
xx
Forum Flock - Ex batts

Started by Hayley'sHens on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post November 12, 2010, 18:05
by massa

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 38 queries.