honda FG110 tiller. mantis replacement?

• 1 Replies

Gwiz

« on: May 02, 2006, 13:31 »
i had an opportunity today to have a look at the very latest Honda tiller the FG110. this has no doubt been brought out to compete with the mantis tiller.
the Honda has been very well thought out, with carry handle that also double as a stand for when you want to work on the blades, or fit one of the attachments that are available. like the mantis the controls ( what few there are ) are on the handles next to the hand grips. the tiller is just a little heavier than the mantis, this is probably due to the Honda having a four stroke engine rather than the two stroke fitted to the mantis. having said that the Honda weighs in at 13kg.
i think its a great little thing, pity there ain't going to be any secondhand ones around for a bit, so if you want one its going to cost £329 inc vat ( less any discount you can plead for )
the tillers accessories are:
spare tines
aerator
border edger
de thatcher
oh yes, before i forget, the tilling width is 230mm :D

Basil Fawlty

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 15:00 »
Just in case it helps anybody.  I bought an ancient Templar Tiller last year off Ebay and it has worked really hard until last week when the 5HP briggs siezed.  Lots of oil but died anyway.

Found a brand new 6.5 HP motor which took 5 minutes to fit and cost £96.00 including VAT and delivery next day.  Exact copy of standard engine so will also fit lots of other devices.

Contact Pump.co.uk  Very helpful sales guys.

I also bought the tiller attachment for my Ryobi brushcutter.  I was dubious about it until I tried it and am well pleased with trhe result it gives.  My soil is heavy clay and the big tiller didn't break it down fine enough.  This little beast worked wonders and only cost about £60.00.
I may not know what I'm doing but I might as well do something and see what happens.

xx
Honda fg110, Honda fg201 & the Mantis 4 stroke queries. (201 bought now)

Started by noidea on Equipment Shed

15 Replies
Last post April 09, 2009, 23:28
by Larkshall
xx
Mini tillers mantis v honda fg110

Started by neal on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post February 02, 2008, 16:49
by neal
xx
honda fg110 4stroke tiller.

Started by beansticks on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post March 11, 2007, 19:19
by Bigbadfrankie
thumbup
Honda FG110 Mini Tiller review

Started by Diy-king on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post February 28, 2009, 08:17
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 38 queries.