Fell for it - again

• 4 Replies

Oddpod

Fell for it - again
« on: May 15, 2010, 18:20 »
Don't get me wrong, my tulips were beautiful this year and worth every penny...But I looked at the lovely picture of mixed colours on the packet of bulbs and totally forgot that last time I bought a mixed pack of bulbs they all flowered at different times. It was just the same this year.
Ho hum - lesson learned I supppose...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Fell for it - again
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 18:21 »
 :nowink: bet you get fooled again.....I can't be the only one.  :blush:

campanula

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 13:15 »
oddpod
forget about buying colourful mixed packets - this is expensive and the bulbs are always rubbish. Instead, look at wholesale suppliers, especially Peter Nyssen. I have been using them for year. The minimum order is usually 25 tulips, narcissi etc and the average price is between £12-20 per hundred. There are other good companies, De Jager comes to mind but, once you order from wholesale suppliers, you will never look back. They also have a really good range og other bulbs and perennials. They are NOT like Parkers, Van Meuwen or Spalding, which are also, to my mind, largely rubbish.
Essentially, the costs work out that 25 Nyseen bulbs cost about the same as 10 packaged bulbs and thery are bigger, better and you will have a reliable show. Gods, I sound like  a rep!

Paul Plots

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 14:47 »
oddpod
forget about buying colourful mixed packets - this is expensive and the bulbs are always rubbish. Instead, look at wholesale suppliers, especially Peter Nyssen. I have been using them for year. The minimum order is usually 25 tulips, narcissi etc and the average price is between £12-20 per hundred. There are other good companies, De Jager comes to mind but, once you order from wholesale suppliers, you will never look back. They also have a really good range og other bulbs and perennials. They are NOT like Parkers, Van Meuwen or Spalding, which are also, to my mind, largely rubbish.
Essentially, the costs work out that 25 Nyseen bulbs cost about the same as 10 packaged bulbs and thery are bigger, better and you will have a reliable show. Gods, I sound like  a rep!

10%  Commission ?   :lol:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Oddpod

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:46 »
Thanks for the info, will try that next time...

if I remember! :D :D :D

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 40 queries.