Red mites :(

• 79 Replies

too many girls

« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2008, 12:51 »
flippin heck Badger, i know some people have problems getting rid of red mite, but jeeze i feel for you, hope you get sorted soon.

Badger33

red mites
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2008, 17:23 »
thank you. Will try it. Cat fully restricted to areas I don't care too much about and very old sofa's that may end up in the tip! Have used stonghold on him and  hope it does mites as well as fleas! Have moved then hen house to the end of the garden - well away from the house now -don't know why i did not think of doing before -at least we won't keep walking past it and picking up mites fleeing from the mite spray on the hen house.
Thanks again

T C

• Experienced Member
red mite
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2008, 00:37 »
Found red mite this week in my hen house, i was aware of the problem when i had terrible itchy sculp after leaving the hen house, i knew at once what it was, i have now sprayed house twice with jeys fluied, i have also sprayed the house with a spray called Arpron, we use this on the horse, and it is also for use for red mite, so we also dipped the hens after spraying hen house, been in to look tonite only see a few mites,we live in spain so i dont know whats avilble out here for red mite
T C TOP CAT

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2008, 10:13 »
Welcome to the forums TC  :D

Last night I woke up at 3am !!! and couldn't get back to sleep so started thinking about dipping the hens, considering the mites can't swim and would drown but I didn't know how effective it would be...?

This then lead onto a strange dream about mutant chickens when I eventually did fall asleep so was a bit bizzarre!

T C

• Experienced Member
red mite
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2008, 10:54 »
[/sizeTell you something, from what ive been reading this week, i can tell you this, red mites are the devil,just like the devil to pick on a wonderful creatureas the inocent hen, After dipping the hens in the arpon,the hens are keeping well clear of me this morning, ive now sprayed the hen house again this morning, with the arpon, dont know if this a good spray to use, i can only go by the price, its very expensive, and is a good product where horses are concerned, need now to investigate if i can buy anything else, ot to get ontop of this, i cant sleep at night, i hope ive caught the devil in time, and it wont affect my hens. :

xx
Anyone tried predatory mites to control red mites?

Started by VeggieVirgin on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 30, 2014, 15:36
by grinling
xx
Leg Mites

Started by princesspoultry on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 08:03
by Jo57
xx
Mites

Started by rowbow on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 04, 2018, 20:14
by grinling
xx
mites

Started by sundancejim on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 15, 2011, 20:45
by ste23

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 38 queries.