weather

• 24 Replies

noshed

weather
« on: May 22, 2006, 14:20 »
I've got a whole week off for the allotment - and it's raining and blowing a gale! I'm choosing to ignore it at the moment but I got very muddy this morning. The only good thing is the weeds come up very easily.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

twhincup

• http://www.crazyhorsetrading.com
weather
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 22:58 »
I empathise with you. I too have taken a week off work and intended to spend a lot of time down the lottie. finished work friday, spent all day sat and sun in bed with flu like symptoms and went out today in rain and wind. Weather is forecast much of the same for the week :(

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
weather
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 23:20 »
This is driving me potty - the soil is too wet to work. I've never been so far behind.

The greenhouse at home is full to the brim with plants for the plot and the big greenhouse that is still just a pile of bits.

On the plus side - getting on with a lot on the web.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

lisa

weather
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 09:50 »
I have a compost bin that needs going up to my patch, loads of stuff to go in it and a pair of wellies crying out to be worn and all it is doing is blooming raining!  even the kids are aching to get up there and dig!!  got them well trained.  Joking apart I really can't be doing with rain. i know its needed and all that but its just too wet!!!!

Phoenix

• Experienced Member
weather
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 13:28 »
its a glorious day for us in S.Wales today :) boiling hehehehe had a lil shower this morning but nothing to moan about :)
Like War games then click on the link below - goto forum and ask for me (Black_Stalion)
Ambroid Online Multiplayer War Game

olde9856

weather
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 13:41 »
Heavy showers here, but got the grass cut earlier on, planted the last of the onions out and sowed some leeks.
Then dodged out of the rain and had lunch. Sun is out again now but the ground is very wet.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
weather
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 17:41 »
It was beautiful here at 6am but went a little cloudy later. Couldn't take advantage of it though, I'm not too well and went for a lie down at midday. Just woke up.  Getting over the cold so now the tum decides to play up.

Scatter my ashes on plot 29 :)

noshed

weather
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 18:23 »
Better today - I didn't get quite so muddy.
Had a fight with an old blackberry bush I've inherited. I had to savage it with the secateurs to get it to a state where I could tie it into wires. Unless it has a fantastic crop I might dig it up in the autumn. At least it can't say it hasn't been warned!
I've put a pic of my most prolific weed in the album. Not quite sure what it is but it comes up quite easily.

noshed

weather
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 20:37 »
Marvellous afternoon. Had to put my sun hat on. Had my own lettuce and radish for tea. Planting out my tomato plants tomorrow. Amazing what a bit of sun does.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
weather
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 20:53 »
It was a lovely day here in Cheshire too - snuck the afternoon off and went  to the plot. BUT the soil is really wet still.

Weird weather this year to say the least.

Phoenix

• Experienced Member
weather
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 20:56 »
Fab day for me, done LOADS lol

Had a meeting with my boss 2day and im having my own veg patch in work, ( i work in a care home, so all veg will be given to the kitchen for the residents) but thats not till nxt yr anyway :)

Jake

• Rockers
weather
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 22:55 »
Good one phoenix.

It has been sunny and warm all day, and I was at the office. Bought another water butt (for the garden) yesterday and now it stands half full while the original one is empty. :x

You have no idea how I want to swear.
first there is a mountain then there is no mountain then there is

noshed

weather
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 11:12 »
Tipping with rain again. Still it should clear up later. I want to get my tomatoes in.
So now I'm just trying to connect all my boxes together so we can use the video recorder. Just as I thought - need another scart lead.

SweetPea

• Experienced Member
weather
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 12:27 »
It's raining here too.  I did a little yesterday, but I'm off work at the moment with cold symptoms (sounds the same thing that everyone else has had!) so I don't really feel up to being in the garden anyway :(

It's supposed to be reasonably dry over the bank holiday.

comic_muse

weather
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 22:24 »
Well, it's rained here, like it has everywhere else it seems for the last 2 weeks.  It was nice yesterday but wet again overnight & dull this a/m.....went down the ground tonight, heavy loam...not clay, just genuine heavy loam & it was dry enough after a day of fairish blustery weather to get on to put some Bean & Sweet Pea canes in.  Incredible.....old railway line next door looks like a river ( it's had ducks on it this week !).  If we get some Sun next week the weeds will go berserk !!
Hope to sort some pics out this weekend, anyone advise on how to host ? I've got access to Photbucket & can post links...or is ther some (easy !!) way to put them on the site ? (SORRY>>>>Ignore last, should have looked at the post above !!>>>>>)...can see link now.
......straight lines are for tidy minded people.....

xx
Weather

Started by BostonInbred on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2010, 20:08
by Missy1970
xx
weather

Started by alancas on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post July 16, 2012, 12:10
by Amilo
xx
The Weather.....

Started by Mark's Sussex Allotment on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 23, 2013, 22:49
by GrannieAnnie
xx
weather or not?

Started by Robin Redbreast on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post October 13, 2008, 12:16
by DIGGER

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 39 queries.