Football Stat that blew my mind at the difference.....

• 2 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
On the way in to work I was listening to Talksport on the radio, they threw a stat in that just blew my mind at the difference between the Premier League and the Scottish Prem League...
West Brom (before todays game) have won just 3 games, they have 20 points all season, they will probably be relegated to the championship but will earn.... £96 million this season.
Now if we travel to Celtic, they will have to win the SPL 33 times on the bounce to earn the same amount  :ohmy:
That's bonkers  :unsure:
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Football Stat that blew my mind at the difference.....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 00:37 »
Bonkers, but that's because the SPL is monkey tennis (thanks Alan Partridge) in terms of entertainment. Since the SPL decided to turn the league from a two horse race to a victory monopoly it's unwatchable. I've a good friend who supports Aberdeen and he's given up his season ticket, such is the monotony of the league now.

al78

Re: Football Stat that blew my mind at the difference.....
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 11:06 »
Not really bonkers. How much money does the SPL bring in compared to the Premier league? What is the difference in standard, and how good does a team have to be to get to play in either league? It is like the situation where an NHS nurse who saves lives earns 1% of the salary of the CEO of an international company. Lots of people could go through the qualifications and training to become a nurse if they wanted too, so there is no issue with finding people to fill vacancies. In contrast, very few people have the ability, stamina, oir willingness to devote their life to ruin an international company, so you want the best of the best, and have to pay a huge salary to get that (otherwise such people will find someone who will pay it). You want to play in the Premier league, you'd better prove that you are in the top 0.01% of footballing ability, and if you are, the top teams are going to want you, and have the money to pay you handsomely, otherwise you could just go to one of their top rivals.

Welcome to capitalism. It is money that is the prome driving force, not what is ethically/morally right.

xx
Football

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post July 15, 2018, 10:27
by JayG
xx
More and more football!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

31 Replies
Last post January 10, 2023, 05:03
by Subversive_plot
xx
American football in London today

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post October 10, 2021, 18:19
by GraciesGran
xx
My alma mater, National (American) Football Champions!

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 11, 2022, 18:21
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 35 queries.